• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Redskin game predicts election.

Started by Thing, October 31, 2004, 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thing

http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/election.asp

So I guess we'll be watching a football game the election results this afternoon.
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

Hitmen

I'm not predicting a favorable outcome for Washington. Sorry bush.

Thing

That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

hismajesty

Yea a guy was telling me this yesterday. I've been a skins fan since I first started watching football (because my grandpa was) but Green Bay will probably win.

Hitmen

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on October 31, 2004, 03:53 PM
Yea a guy was telling me this yesterday. I've been a skins fan since I first started watching football (because my grandpa was) but Green Bay will probably win.
Probably? The game ended a while ago. Thing posted the score right above you :P

hismajesty

Yea, I just went and asked my dad if they played already. I've been out doing grassroots stuff all day.

quasi-modo

Bush supporters were lining our streets. I was doing a lot of honking and waving at them. Its cool that they are doing that, but I doubt they will be winning votes. They need a megaphone so they can really tell people why they need to vote for bush  :P
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Newby

While it may have been true, the curse on the Red Sox was broken this year. Perhaps this will be broken too? ;)
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

hismajesty

And the curse that every president elected in a year ending in 00 was assasinated was lifted with Reagon, so -- these things aren't the final deciding factor. I hope.

Hitmen

Quote from: Newby on October 31, 2004, 11:54 PM
While it may have been true, the curse on the Red Sox was broken this year. Perhaps this will be broken too? ;)
There was no curse on the Red Sox, our team simply sucked for 86 years.

The-FooL

Gotta love how that one Ref singlehandedly changed the fate of the game(and the future of our country for the next for years.)

Hitmen

Quote from: The-FooL on November 01, 2004, 01:58 PM
Gotta love how that one Ref singlehandedly changed the fate of the game(and the future of our country for the next for years.)
If the ref hadn't made that call, the probable outcome for the game would be:
Green Bay: 28
Washington: 21

Unless touchdowns are somehow worth 14 points now.

The-FooL

Did you see the game?  It would have put the redskins up 21-20.  And with a score like that, I'm sure their defense would have held much better, considering they gave up the last touchdown with no time left in the game.

Falcon[anti-yL]

My History teacher told us about this town that has voted the winning candidate every time.

Newby

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on November 02, 2004, 03:55 PM
My History teacher told us about this town that has voted the winning candidate every time.
Wow. Elaborate.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.