• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Looks like...

Started by DarkMinion, October 30, 2004, 10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkMinion

...all the Florida teams dropped the ball this week.  Bummer.

Hazard

It was simply astounding...

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Grok

At th beginning of the day, were you thinking that FSU and UF were probably in trouble?  I was.  The Miami game I thought might be close for about 2 quarters, especially after UNC beat NC State, but then I thought Miami depth, speed, power, and talent would dominate.

I expected UF to lose because of all the distractions and Georgia's experience on offense.  FSU, I did not expect to lose, but did not expect a good win either, figuring it would be another 3-10 point game at best.

DarkMinion

On, a lighter, more incredibly hilarious note, Texas A&M loses to Baylor.

Grok

Quote from: DarkMinion on October 31, 2004, 09:53 AM
On, a lighter, more incredibly hilarious note, Texas A&M loses to Baylor.

I actually laughed out loud at that one, and no one was around.

Hazard

Hrm... all 3 Florida teams loosing in the same weekend is a phenomenon that has not occured in some 25 years or so...

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Grok

Quote from: Hazard on October 31, 2004, 08:10 PM
Hrm... all 3 Florida teams loosing in the same weekend is a phenomenon that has not occured in some 25 years or so...

Yeh the last time it happened, Miami was about to drop football completely, Bowden was in his 3rd year at FSU and going 7-4 or 8-3 I think, and certain Florida boosters were so desparate to win that they were about to conspire with Charlie Pell to bring in top recruits for pay.

DarkMinion

Them florida schools, they're just oozing integrity, aren't they?  ;D

Grok

Quote from: DarkMinion on October 31, 2004, 09:51 PM
Them florida schools, they're just oozing integrity, aren't they?  ;D

Heh, don't EVEN go there, since your state has the only university to ever get the NCAA Death Penalty!   ;D

DarkMinion

Grok

DarkMinion

A&M almost got the death penalty because of Jackie Sherrill