• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

This annoyed me

Started by iago, October 29, 2004, 05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

For the first time, I looked at GWB and JK's websites today.  Here's what I noticed:

Bush has flash games and articles on his main page to make fun of Kerry.
Kerry has no anti-bush content on his main page.

At work, we all agreed that was pathetic.  Having flash games based on making fun of your opponent on your main page is like the peak of assholeness.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

warz

Hazard

Then again, at the Republican National Convention during the President's speach there was nothing concerning Republican's hair stylings to be better than that of the Democrats. If you are confused about this remark, watch Kerry's speech.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Stealth

The Kerry camp leaves the making-fun-of-Bush to the vast Internet and television/entertainment crowd of people who do just that..
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

hismajesty

Quote from: iago on October 29, 2004, 05:53 PM
Bush has flash games and articles on his main page to make fun of Kerry.

Actually, he only has one, and I've posted that in the fun forum. The gas tax one isn't making fun of him - unless you call showing the American people what his presidency will do is...making fun of - then I guess it could be.

Also, as Stealth said, the Kerry camp has their friends do the dirty work. When you spend, on average, 9 times the amount as the Bush camp does on commercials and such, and when you have a famous, biased, misleading, annoying, anti-american director supporting you while telling a one-sided story. Or, when you have Osama bin Laden, Kim Jong-Il, and the like supporting you - you don't need flash games. When you've got oppressive communist dictators spreading anti-Bush propaganda in his country, or telling all the South Korean mothers that Bush is murdering their children, you don't need flash games. When you've got countless anti-Bush websites, while there being only a handfull of anti-Kerry, you don't need flash games. Or, when you have school systems blocking those few anti-Kerry sites, and not the anti-Bush sites, you need flash games even less!

muert0

How do you suppose Osama Bin Laden and Kim spreading anti-bush propaganda in their countries is helping Kerry in any way. A little far fetched in my opinion.
To lazy for slackware.

muert0

To lazy for slackware.

Stealth

Quote from: muert0 on October 30, 2004, 09:40 AM
How do you suppose Osama Bin Laden and Kim spreading anti-bush propaganda in their countries is helping Kerry in any way. A little far fetched in my opinion.
'

Their statements aren't deliberately supporting John Kerry. That much has been read into them by some, with or without reason.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Zakath

trust, you really should be less dogmatic. You offer no proof for any of that, and I seriously doubt that much of it is true. It's not like Bush doesn't have his unofficial allies.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

hismajesty

Quote from: Zakath on October 30, 2004, 08:25 PM
trust, you really should be less dogmatic. You offer no proof for any of that, and I seriously doubt that much of it is true. It's not like Bush doesn't have his unofficial allies.

Which parts do you doubt?
I didn't say Bush had 'unofficial allies' Kerry just has, well, more obviously.

Zakath

I doubt virtually everything in that statement, that's what

Some of it strikes me as simply purposely inflamatory

I'm saying Kerry's a good person (he's not) but you seem to take it a bit far
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.