• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Making money on the Web

Started by Banana fanna fo fanna, October 27, 2004, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana fanna fo fanna

I'd like to start making money on the web. Right now, I'm doing lame build-me-a-website contract work.

I've thought of commercially releasing my new templating/controller frameworks instead of opensourcing them.

I've also thought of coming up with a really good e-business idea, but I don't have one.

Any ideas? Should I get into another computer field? If so, what one?

j0k3r

You might wanna try reading up on ebay powerselling, it's tough to get started, but well worth it.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

quasi-modo

I have done freelance webdesign. Did it over the summer when I had time actually. I made about a grand doing it. But I would not be willing to do it for someone I do not know over the internet unless they made a large down payment or just payed me up front.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Mitosis

you should check out www.bravenet.com and www.monsterhosting.ca they have a good affiliate system so ever redirect or w/e you get money. just get activity on your site and you should make some cash:0

LivedKrad

Hosting space reselling seems to be becoming popular. Typically, the server host will have space and not a lot of clients. He then will offer people the chance to earn money by letting them offer hosting space as if they are the ones providing it but still having the server space on the originals host's server.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: Mitosis on October 28, 2004, 06:27 AM
you should check out www.bravenet.com and www.monsterhosting.ca they have a good affiliate system so ever redirect or w/e you get money. just get activity on your site and you should make some cash:0

I meant real money :)

Mitosis

get in good with big companies. im making 2 sites for 2 big companies atm and im going to make a fair bit :)

MyndFyre

Quote from: Mitosis on October 28, 2004, 04:11 PM
get in good with big companies. im making 2 sites for 2 big companies atm and im going to make a fair bit :)

Do they know your skillset?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mitosis

thanks i appreciate that. i can make webpages you know maybe programming doesnt come to everybody at young ages so...ya i know im not that great at app programing ok

Banana fanna fo fanna

But...you don't know SQL, do you?

j0k3r

Are you still making webpages in photoshop?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Mitosis

ya joker i am and i code them properly too i asked akamas and he said i was doing it fine at first too

edit -- well accept for how i did the text

Meh

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on October 28, 2004, 08:15 PM
But...you don't know SQL, do you?
He doesnt, but not all companys need that. My uncle ownse http://www.mnp.co.uk whcih is a structural engeneering company set in the outskirts of London, he has deals with HMV (Britains popular Music store) and other big comapnys that are outlined on the site, and its coded in pure html and graphics. No PHP requred. If they database anything then it is done via MS Access or Excel.

Mitosis

j0k3r

Did you say you were going to pay him too?
John Vo