• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Oper.dll bug repository

Started by Spht, October 16, 2004, 09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcon[anti-yL]

[15:11:49]  Info: xA_Samurai was banned by LW-Falcon (RepeatBan).
[15:13:47]  <LW-Falcon> [unban xa*
[15:13:47]  LastWarriors@Azeroth:2:47 whispers: No one to unban
[15:13:58]  <LW-Falcon> [unban xa_*
[15:13:58]  LastWarriors@Azeroth:2:47 whispers: No one to unban
[15:14:10]  <LW-Falcon> `u xa*
[15:14:10]  Info: xA_Samurai was unbanned by LW-Falcon.
I thought banned users are kepted in memory for 24 hours?

Spht

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on October 26, 2004, 03:15 PM
[15:11:49]  Info: xA_Samurai was banned by LW-Falcon (RepeatBan).
[15:13:47]  <LW-Falcon> [unban xa*
[15:13:47]  LastWarriors@Azeroth:2:47 whispers: No one to unban
[15:13:58]  <LW-Falcon> [unban xa_*
[15:13:58]  LastWarriors@Azeroth:2:47 whispers: No one to unban
[15:14:10]  <LW-Falcon> `u xa*
[15:14:10]  Info: xA_Samurai was unbanned by LW-Falcon.
I thought banned users are kepted in memory for 24 hours?

Oper only pays attention to bans/unbans that it did.  This is because sometimes Battle.net does not append a gateway tag in someone else's ban/unban notification, so it would be a bad idea to have the bot rely on that.

Also, having a channel with more than one active database-aware client that isn't designed to share a channel is generally a bad idea!

Retained

quick question how come when soemone does .say /unloadplugin oper.dll the bot quits and shuts itself down :(

and yes he has the required flag to use the say command ;o

Newby

Quote from: Spht on October 20, 2004, 09:20 PM
Quote from: Newby on October 20, 2004, 06:09 PMIt seems a bit retarded to have a <trigger>trigger command (ruins the purpose of the command), and whispering the bot trigger is redundant.

How is whispering the bot trigger redundant?  It is redundant if you already know the trigger, yes.  Otherwise, it's a very effective way of finding out what the trigger is set to.
How are you supposed to find out what the trigger is, if you have to know the trigger to access a command that tells you the trigger?
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Newby on November 06, 2004, 01:35 PM
How are you supposed to find out what the trigger is, if you have to know the trigger to access a command that tells you the trigger?

Whisper the bot "trigger".  The trigger shouldn't even be changing much anyways.  I always see people in channels saying "?trigger", ".find <your name>", why?

Retained

simple solution add this line somewhere  in oper.cfg
&5&&<insert required flag for using this command here>&&"?trigger"&:reply Current trigger is [insert trigger here ;)]
or if you don't want the bot to whisper you the trigger do
&5&&<insert required flag for using this command here>&&"?trigger"&Current trigger is [insert trigger here]

Note: remove the < and > when u do add a flag

Spht

Quote from: Retained on November 06, 2004, 05:23 PM
simple solution add this line somewhere  in oper.cfg
&5&&<insert required flag for using this command here>&&"?trigger"&:reply Current trigger is [insert trigger here ;)]
or if you don't want the bot to whisper you the trigger do
&5&&<insert required flag for using this command here>&&"?trigger"&Current trigger is [insert trigger here]

Note: remove the < and > when u do add a flag

Yup, good thinking!  I used this in a channel I run an oper in since so many people try "?trigger."

Spht

Quote from: Retained on November 06, 2004, 01:27 PM
quick question how come when soemone does .say /unloadplugin oper.dll the bot quits and shuts itself down :(

and yes he has the required flag to use the say command ;o

Oops.  You can re-download oper.dll.  It previously processed all commands issued by "masters" through "say" as internal commands.  This has been fixed.  It now sends everything directly to Battle.net.

Thanks.

Fyre

Spht:
Is there a command that can be used to process commands internally?
For example:
&5&&Q&&".play"&/play

If it's not available, please consider it.
&5&&Q&&".play"&:internal /play

Retained

i got another problem/question.

when i give soemoen the Flag "A" i cant kick them / ban them for some reason any ideas why? and in the operdoc.txt it didnt say anything about flag A being a Safelist flag :(
[10:08:15 AM] <Retain> .add Cura F
[10:08:15 AM] <From: Retain[iN]@Lordaeron> Cura => Cura: F
[10:09:48 AM] <Retain> .kick cura
[10:09:48 AM] Cura was kicked out of the channel by Retain[iN].
[10:09:49 AM] Cura@Lordaeron left the channel.
[10:09:50 AM] <Presence> LOL
[10:09:50 AM] Cura@Lordaeron joined the channel using Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (level 0, best race random, icon peon).
[10:09:51 AM] <Retain> .add cura +A
[10:09:52 AM] <^^CooL_GuY^^> <~~ 1 if ny bew ukks
[10:09:52 AM] <From: Retain[iN]@Lordaeron> cura => cura: AF
[10:09:52 AM] <Presence> RAPPER NICE
[10:09:53 AM] <Presence> lol
[10:09:53 AM] <Retain> .kick cura
[10:09:54 AM] <From: Retain[iN]@Lordaeron> cura is safelisted

Spht

Quote from: Fyre on November 11, 2004, 04:29 AM
Spht:
Is there a command that can be used to process commands internally?
For example:
&5&&Q&&".play"&/play

If it's not available, please consider it.
&5&&Q&&".play"&:internal /play

I'm pretty sure it sends commands in the action field of a script through the bot's command processor already.

Quote from: Retained on November 11, 2004, 12:12 PM
i got another problem/question.

when i give soemoen the Flag "A" i cant kick them / ban them for some reason any ideas why? and in the operdoc.txt it didnt say anything about flag A being a Safelist flag :(
[10:08:15 AM] <Retain> .add Cura F
[10:08:15 AM] <From: Retain[iN]@Lordaeron> Cura => Cura: F
[10:09:48 AM] <Retain> .kick cura
[10:09:48 AM] Cura was kicked out of the channel by Retain[iN].
[10:09:49 AM] Cura@Lordaeron left the channel.
[10:09:50 AM] <Presence> LOL
[10:09:50 AM] Cura@Lordaeron joined the channel using Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (level 0, best race random, icon peon).
[10:09:51 AM] <Retain> .add cura +A
[10:09:52 AM] <^^CooL_GuY^^> <~~ 1 if ny bew ukks
[10:09:52 AM] <From: Retain[iN]@Lordaeron> cura => cura: AF
[10:09:52 AM] <Presence> RAPPER NICE
[10:09:53 AM] <Presence> lol
[10:09:53 AM] <Retain> .kick cura
[10:09:54 AM] <From: Retain[iN]@Lordaeron> cura is safelisted

A and N also make you safe.  These are user management attributes which can both add and remove the S flag from an entry anyway.  Users with attribute A inherit all flags which they have permission to (BFLS).

Why would you want to boot someone who has user management access over your bot??

Fyre

Quote from: Spht on November 12, 2004, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty sure it sends commands in the action field of a script through the bot's command processor already.
That would be my fault. I'm running my own BCP supported bot.  Basically the queue function was queueing the data to be sent directly, instead of being queued to be sent through the command parser.

Also, quick question: What is the variable for messages received through battle.net, so that a ping feature could be used.  I noticed you changed some of the old NBBot variables.
&5&&&&".getlag&/m %3 <ping>
&10&<ping>&&&%1's ping is: %2

This is probably way off, but I think you're getting me.

Also, something useful could be a variable representing the trigger.  Instead of the user going through the program and changing all the "." to "?" or whatever, you could use $t or something to represent the assigned trigger.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on November 13, 2004, 10:27 AM
http://www.madzlair.net/ffs/oper.JPG
-_-

Don't clear queue or make bot send messages >= 57 in length.  Also, tell Spht to listen to me about some things friends and I researched~

Spht

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on November 13, 2004, 10:27 AM
http://www.madzlair.net/ffs/oper.JPG
-_-

That issue would be related to SphtBotv3 for not having the most up-to-date implementation of flood protection.  Oper just tells the client what to send, the client then decides when to send each message.

SphtBotv3 was designed as a chatter bot, so the old protection mechanism sufficed.  But yes, when using oper with it there could be some problems.  If it's a big concern, I suggest trying a client which supports BinaryChat plugins and has implemented flood protection in a way you are satisfied with.

|