• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Road Blocks (Game)

Started by Minux, October 16, 2004, 04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minux

Very strategic game making a ball to travel to the specified destination without dying. Some of these levels you need to really think them through.

I got to level 17

Password is listed below:
password = hotwater

Tell me if you beat level 17, it's driving me crazy -.-

LOL url is http://www.2flash.com my bad Adron :(

Adron

Soul Taker

Google yielded this

Edit: Level 17 was easy, took about two minutes  :P

hismajesty

boo, I'm stuck on 14. hmm

Soul Taker

I got stuck on 18 and gave up.

Adron

I finished it just before I got bored. Thinking or trial-and-error both worked, but the levels seemed too similar for my taste.

Minux

UserLoser.

Hmm, currently stuck at level 12 18

Naem

Level 17 looks impossible. Logically there seems to be no place for the ball to stop at and then travel into the end assuming it travels in a straight line.
اگر بتوانید این را بهخوابید ، من را "پی ام" کنید

Yoni

Done. There are 21 levels if you're wondering.

I just used DFS on some of the levels. :)

hismajesty

bah, this isn't my game. I cheated on 14 and did 15 and now stuck on 16! :(

14 I still can't figure out, I traced it backwards and see no place for the ball to go - at least not a place that is apparently accessible. :(

UserLoser.

Quote from: Naem on October 16, 2004, 05:35 PM
Level 17 looks impossible. Logically there seems to be no place for the ball to stop at and then travel into the end assuming it travels in a straight line.

right, up, left, up, right, down, right, up, right, up, left, down, right, down, left

Adron

Quote from: Yoni on October 16, 2004, 05:36 PM
Done. There are 21 levels if you're wondering.

I just used DFS on some of the levels. :)

DFS?

Yoni

Depth-First Search. The graph algorithm. The game is a directed graph. A node is a position on the map and an edge is a movement (left, right, up, down). BFS could be used to find the shortest solution but it's much more tedious to do BFS with nothing but notepad.

Adron

Quote from: Yoni on October 16, 2004, 06:56 PM
Depth-First Search. The graph algorithm. The game is a directed graph. A node is a position on the map and an edge is a movement (left, right, up, down). BFS could be used to find the shortest solution but it's much more tedious to do BFS with nothing but notepad.

Oh. You need to be on the lookout for loops then. I typically did them by tracing backwards. Not when there were multiple targets, but for single targets it worked great. There would rarely be alternate path choices.