• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Bush '04

Started by jigsaw, October 15, 2004, 08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

muert0

Yeah and if he lived in a house valued at $750,000 there is no way his neighbors could be living on welfare. I was thinking probably more around the range of 100,000+ though.
My roommate is a hemopheliac who got hepatitis C when he was a baby because they didnt test blood for transfusions around the time he was born. He gets $500 a month. Could any of you honestly live off of $500 a month?
To lazy for slackware.

Hazard

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

jigsaw

Quote from: Hazard on October 27, 2004, 08:49 PM
Vote for Kerry and he'll give you handouts. Vote for Bush and you can actually work for your money.

THANK YOU! Finally some one opens their eyes and understands! Democrats for the most part (not by any means all) are uninformed and lack the ability to see the big picture.... If you are an intelligent democrat, why are you shooting yourself in the foot? Start taking what you deserve by working hard, don't give it away.  Someday certain people think a welfare check is, free money.... And most of them are not white.. which leads to other issues. None the less, This is America, you get what you earn, nothing more, nothing less.

muert0

QuoteI am not  saying people should work less hours. I am saying they do work less hours. They work just enough to support themselves but still get welfare.
QuoteI never said I have heard of people working less hours for a welfare check.
To lazy for slackware.

quasi-modo

Quote from: muert0 on October 30, 2004, 01:00 AM
Quasi do you live with your parents? If so what's the house valued at?
Don't know what it is values at. The one behind us just sold for about 100,000.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: muert0 on October 30, 2004, 11:51 AM
QuoteI am not  saying people should work less hours. I am saying they do work less hours. They work just enough to support themselves but still get welfare.
QuoteI never said I have heard of people working less hours for a welfare check.
And what does that prove? I never said I have heard of people working less for a welfare check. I am saying they do. And I have known people who do it. What I said I have only heard of happening was people having more children to get a bigger check.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

dxoigmn

Quote from: jigsaw on October 30, 2004, 11:31 AM
THANK YOU! Finally some one opens their eyes and understands! Democrats for the most part (not by any means all) are uninformed and lack the ability to see the big picture.... If you are an intelligent democrat, why are you shooting yourself in the foot? Start taking what you deserve by working hard, don't give it away.  Someday certain people think a welfare check is, free money.... And most of them are not white.. which leads to other issues. None the less, This is America, you get what you earn, nothing more, nothing less.

I believe in helping people who truely need help and if that means giving me income to help others then I don't mind.  What I do mind is using my income to fight wars and for other foreign affairs.

Kp

Quote from: dxoigmn on October 30, 2004, 06:05 PMI believe in helping people who truely need help and if that means giving me income to help others then I don't mind.  What I do mind is using my income to fight wars and for other foreign affairs.

That's fine, but why should I give my money to people who allegedly need help based on your say-so?  If they need help, let them get it from people like you who want to give up your money.  I have no problem with the idea of charity, but I have a big problem with people who think they have an obligation to confiscate funds to pay for it.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Zakath

Quote from: jigsaw on October 30, 2004, 11:31 AMTHANK YOU! Finally some one opens their eyes and understands! Democrats for the most part (not by any means all) are uninformed and lack the ability to see the big picture.... If you are an intelligent democrat, why are you shooting yourself in the foot? Start taking what you deserve by working hard, don't give it away.  Someday certain people think a welfare check is, free money.... And most of them are not white.. which leads to other issues. None the less, This is America, you get what you earn, nothing more, nothing less.

I've certainly noticed the same failing in multitudes of Republicans. It's not like Democrats have a monopoly on stupidity.

I would say it's more to the effect of "the majority of the American public is incapable of seeing the big picture." It doesn't matter what party they vote for, most people choose their votes for the wrong reasons.

I'm cynical and already disgusted with the American election process; can you tell?
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

quasi-modo

Quote from: dxoigmn on October 30, 2004, 06:05 PM
Quote from: jigsaw on October 30, 2004, 11:31 AM

I believe in helping people who truely need help and if that means giving me income to help others then I don't mind.  What I do mind is using my income to fight wars and for other foreign affairs.
You mind using your money for the defense of our nation?
WAR EAGLE!

Zakath

We currently use too much money on defense, while mis-applying it. That money could be more WISELY spent, although certainly defense spending is a major priority. Would be nice if it wasn't, but such is today's world...
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Hazard

With as much as we have to defend, I feel that the amount that we spend is perfect.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Zakath

Well, I suppose it's rather difficult for me to properly evaluate the amount, because I feel like we don't spend the money the right way. It's entirely possible that a defense spending methodology that I agree with could wind up being just as expensive as now, but regardless, we're currently spending more than we should be on some things while underfunding others.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Zakath on October 30, 2004, 09:03 PM
Well, I suppose it's rather difficult for me to properly evaluate the amount, because I feel like we don't spend the money the right way. It's entirely possible that a defense spending methodology that I agree with could wind up being just as expensive as now, but regardless, we're currently spending more than we should be on some things while underfunding others.
Such as? Why don't you just quit dancing around it and say why you are not in favor of the two wars.
WAR EAGLE!

Zakath

Afghanistan I didn't mind so much. The reasons for going in there made sense to me, even if I might not have come to the same decision myself. Iraq, though, has been an unmitigated disaster. Badly planned, badly executed, and it's turned into a money-sucking cesspool.

I'm not talking about war funding specifically, though. I refer more to things like the Star Wars missile defense system that Bush was trying to resurrect a while back. Not sure if he's still pushing it (I hope he's given up on the idea), but it's a huge waste of money even researching it imo.

|