• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

liberal = hypocrite?

Started by Arta, October 14, 2004, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on October 20, 2004, 05:57 PM
Quote from: Hazard on October 20, 2004, 03:44 PM
But Adron what you say makes no sense. Your entire theory is that we must only take out those who are directly responsible and only when they are already guilty of harming us. Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

If you read my last post, how could you miss the emphasis I placed on making a good impression on their children? Holding hands and singing songs is can "win this war".

We kill 99.9% enemy combatants and .05% women and children.
They kill 100% innocent civillians.

I doubt that. They probably kill 75% innocent civilians and 25% defense contractors, people involved in military, infrastructure, economy, government, and other important strategical targets. Considering their tech level, it seems like a reasonable accuracy.

Thats funny, I don't recall any defense contractors and military personell in the towers.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Banana fanna fo fanna

2. Educate the people of the Middle East with a more neutral perspective, many of whom receive muslim fundamentalist teachings as part of their normal schooling.

Right on. I think something like an Islamic reformation would be a great thing for everyone involved.

And gosh durn it, those Iraqi kids sure hate us.

EDIT: fixed url

Arta

Where did that thoroughly spurious statistic come from?

TangoFour

And the remaining .05%? Innocent men?

muert0

No NO the last .05% was Ronald McDonald and the gang.... I think hamburgaler was the only one that deserved it though.
To lazy for slackware.

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on October 20, 2004, 06:30 PM
Thats funny, I don't recall any defense contractors and military personell in the towers.

They hit the Pentagon too, and there's bound to be some people just walking around and happening to end up in that place at that time.

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on October 21, 2004, 03:23 PM
Quote from: Hazard on October 20, 2004, 06:30 PM

They hit the Pentagon too, and there's bound to be some people just walking around and happening to end up in that place at that time.

And what did they use? A hijacked military aircraft full of Army Rangers? No. A passanger liner full of innocent civillians.

Hazard

Quote from: muert0 on October 21, 2004, 02:35 PM
No NO the last .05% was Ronald McDonald and the gang.... I think hamburgaler was the only one that deserved it though.

Typical, avoid the topic by distracting from the original message to make a lame joke.

TehUser

Quote from: Hazard on October 21, 2004, 07:14 PM
Typical, avoid the topic by distracting from the original message to make a lame joke.

Typical, avoid a valid question (Arta's) by simply pretending it doesn't exist.

Tuberload

This whole debate is typical. One sided arguments with no attempt to understand what the other person is saying.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on October 21, 2004, 07:13 PM
And what did they use? A hijacked military aircraft full of Army Rangers? No. A passanger liner full of innocent civillians.

Yeah, they were casualties of war. Considering the how much money they had to spend on their weapons, it seems they had a reasonable accuracy. And besides, most of them weren't innocent, they probably weren't muslims.

Hazard

Quote from: Arta[vL] on October 21, 2004, 10:25 AM

Where did that thoroughly spurious statistic come from?

Tomorrow if I have some extra free period's I'll calculate you some exact percentages. It was meant to be a figure of speech, I'm sure that even the British can understand that.

Arta

Quote from: Tuberload on October 21, 2004, 07:36 PM
This whole debate is typical. One sided arguments with no attempt to understand what the other person is saying.

Yes indeed! That's why I stopped posting in it (mostly).

|