Best British accent?

English
Scottish
Welsh
Irish

Meh

Quote from: Arta[vL] on October 14, 2004, 10:24 AM
My accent is best, of course!  8)

I have what I would guess Americans would call a British accent. Quite BBC, with an occasional, subtle bouquet of South London :)
Nah most foreigners mean the accent from shows like ER and friends and shit. The fake british acent. You have cockney accent im guessing Arta. I thought you lived more south than than London, near Brighton.

Eternal

The Helen Baxendale 'English' accent is really not how we all speak. Unfortunately, that appearing in Friends does nothing to dispel the rumours....
^-----silly Brit
-----------------------------
www.brimd.com

Meh

Quote from: Eternal on October 14, 2004, 11:35 AM
The Helen Baxendale 'English' accent is really not how we all speak. Unfortunately, that appearing in Friends does nothing to dispel the rumours....
Exactley what I mean.

Tuberload

I am Irish, so I think it is the best.

"God created whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world."
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Meh

LOL.I have never met a sober Irish man. Do they exist?

Tuberload

Quote from: Meh on October 14, 2004, 12:46 PM
LOL.I have never met a sober Irish man. Do they exist?

Yes sober Irish exist. Irish just like to celebrate their "victories". :)
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Meh

Do they have 365 victories ? ;)

Arta

I'm not at all cockney. My accent's a bit posh by uk standards. I was under the impression that americans think we all speak like that :)

Tuberload

Quote from: Arta[vL] on October 14, 2004, 02:12 PM
I'm not at all cockney. My accent's a bit posh by uk standards. I was under the impression that americans think we all speak like that :)

have three aunts that live in London, England. I have a hard time explaining their accents, but they are not how expect all Europeans to speak.

Meh

I have a strong welsh accent mixed with a posh English accent. My mums welsh and my dad is from Brimingham :P

vonLandenhausen

Meh

I know, I said he came from there. He moved to oxfordshire. I said I have a posh english accent mixed with a strong welsh accent.

Eternal

I had no idea you were from the UK Arta. And London too. Small world.
^-----silly Brit
-----------------------------
www.brimd.com

Arta

yup! I don't live in London anymore though.

Adron

Now where are all the Swedes hiding?

|