• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Ping Spoof

Started by l2k-Shadow, October 12, 2004, 03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

l2k-Shadow

Yeah :P, I am just wondering if ther is a way to spoof ping aside of -1 and 0ms, a custom ping. I tried delaying the answer to 0x25 and the highest i set the timer was 453 ms.. then bnet gave me -1ms. As i went higher with the timer, up to 453 ms, it spoofed around 550-600ms ping. Would there be a way to spoof 1000-ish ping or even ping thats lower than your actual response to 0x25, like 10ms?
Just wondering :)

Also another question. When I connect my bot with hashes for any game, i usually get a ping that's 78-110ms... while if i connect through BNLS, i get 31-47. Would this have to do anything with my response to 0x25, incorrect packet sending, or simply the program's time to connect with the hash files?

Thanks for help.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Soul Taker

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on October 12, 2004, 03:05 AM
Would there be a way to spoof 1000-ish ping
Of course, it involves simple math.
or even ping thats lower than your actual response to 0x25, like 10ms?
I suppose so, but this one requires a psychic median.
Also another question. When I connect my bot with hashes for any game, i usually get a ping that's 78-110ms... while if i connect through BNLS, i get 31-47. Would this have to do anything with my response to 0x25, incorrect packet sending, or simply the program's time to connect with the hash files?
My guess is slow handling/response times in your program when it recieves the packet.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Soul Taker on October 12, 2004, 04:31 AM
Would there be a way to spoof 1000-ish ping
Of course, it involves simple math.
Not necessarily.  With this "simple math" you have to predict to the millisecond (not particularly easy) the latency between your computer and Battle.net.  Not particularly easy, because this can vary from one millisecond to the next.  But when you've figured it out Soul Taker, let us know.

or even ping thats lower than your actual response to 0x25, like 10ms?
I suppose so, but this one requires a psychic median.
It doesn't require a psychic median, but it does require that you simply delay a 0-ms-ping-style response a little bit, still not waiting to actually get the 0x25 challenge.
My guess is slow handling/response times in your program when it recieves the packet.
Your local hashing is probably extremely slow.  However, you ought to create a separate thread; you can respond to 0x25 without having done any of the hashing, and should have your incoming message processing loop on its own thread.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Soul Taker

Quote from: MyndFyre on October 12, 2004, 07:51 AM
Not necessarily.  With this "simple math" you have to predict to the millisecond (not particularly easy) the latency between your computer and Battle.net.  Not particularly easy, because this can vary from one millisecond to the next.  But when you've figured it out Soul Taker, let us know.
Considering Bnet pings are not literal pings, and usually follow a trend (ie, people tend to get the same ping most of the time), its *really* simple, and tons of bots have been doing it forever.

Tuberload

Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown