• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Having some problems with my compiler

Started by Mitosis, October 11, 2004, 07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitosis

Well last night I just downloaded the latest version of Dev C++, so I decided to get back into it. I know my program isn't finished yet, but I keep getting an error when I try to compile. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks in advance!

Mephisto

Mitosis

That link doesn't load. And I tried #include <cstdlib> and I recieve the same error.

Meh

Try iostream.h
I am no good in C++ or C but just a thought.

Mitosis

iago

It doesn't look like a problem with the code, the code itself looks fine, it looks like a configuration error of some sort with the compiler.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Skywing

BTW, you should avoid using system("PAUSE") like that.  A better option is to just ask for some input with cin.

Mitosis

Ok WTF, I deleted that Dev C++ and installed an old version...now it says that there is 70 errors. This is really weird.

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mitosis

Well, I reformatted and re-downloaded it. It works fine now. That was...odd.

Mephisto

That link worked for me...Go on Google and type this in: Dev-C++ Errors "Unable to run program file" and you should find the unofficial FAQ on Dev-C++ errors.  Yes, as MyndFyre suggested, it is a problem with your library paths, and that FAQ has the solution.

Adron

Quote from: Mitosis on October 11, 2004, 07:49 PM
Well, I reformatted and re-downloaded it. It works fine now. That was...odd.

You reformat over a compiler problem? Doesn't that sound like a bit overkill?

Mitosis

Lol, I guess. But I was having problems with some other stuff. And I wasn't orgranising things properly like I did before. Man IBM technology is great, don't need O/S Disks!

dxoigmn

Quote from: Adron on October 12, 2004, 11:20 AM

Reformatting is the solution to all your computer problems! :P

Skywing

Quote from: dxoigmn on October 12, 2004, 02:10 PM
Quote from: Adron on October 12, 2004, 11:20 AM

Reformatting is the solution to all your computer problems! :P
Reformatting hides the problem so that when it occurs again, you don't have a good way of dealing with it.