• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Any Diablo II Xpac Pub Clientless INGAME Bots Out Yet?

Started by BenOwns, October 07, 2004, 05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnlyMeat

Quote from: Zakath on October 09, 2004, 09:53 PM

*Groan*

Are people STILL not aware of the purpose of IX86ExtraWork.dll?! Skywing analyzed it in detail, and iirc even provided a utility to see what it was doing. ExtraWork carries the functions that are called to "send your system information to Blizzard" (i.e., processor type and speed, video ram, etc...). It is not, and never has been, an anti-hacking measure.

Yes i believe most people have a good idea of it's current implementation, but i think the point is that this can change at any time without an offical patch which makes it ideal for dealing with hacks which change rapidly.

Quote from: Zakath on October 09, 2004, 09:53 PM
Now, you can certainly say that it could be in the future, but that's absurd logic. By the same token, I could say that in the future Blizzard might modify CheckRevision to start randomly IP-banning people whose computer network name starts with the letter 'P.'

I really dont see your point whats changing checkrevison to ban network names beginning with 'p' got to do with extrawork.dll checking for hacks?, i fail to see the connection // or analogy, changing checkrevision would require a patch to the physical client and it's associated libraries and extrawork.dll does not require this which makes it ideal for ever changing hacks.

Also the fact that it's loaded into the address space of the d2 client means it can do any number of memory integrity checks, making it easy to detect hooks and 3rd party processes writing to it's address space.

Warrior

He was supporting what he said to be "absurd logic" by giving smething that could happen but likely wouldnt.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

OnlyMeat

Quote from: Warrior on October 09, 2004, 11:47 PM
He was supporting what he said to be "absurd logic" by giving smething that could happen but likely wouldnt.

And how is checking for client side hacks absurd logic then?
also why would'nt it likely happen?

If this dll already exists why could'nt it be used to check for hacks, it's ideally placed for anti-hack checks.

Please elaborate if you know something that we dont about what blizzards plans are in the future.

Warrior

it could but you have nothing supporting your logic, even though it has a POSSIBILITY to happen there is no evidence showing that it WILL happen in the near future but it is very much possible , thats why he was comparing the CheckRevision to ExtraWork.dll since they can edit it to do whatever they want but there is no evidence they want to / will in the near future
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Soul Taker

Has everyone forgot that the dll is only used if you opted to allow it?  Do you really think their anti-hack measures involve hackers agreeing to let Blizzard check out their stuff (regardless of whether said stuff is hack-related or just system specs)?

mentalCo.

How about disconnect on those packets.  Any client is allowed to disconnect whenever.  Hopefully the anti-bot packets wont have to be a requirement to play in a game.

Skywing

Quote from: mentalCo. on October 15, 2004, 11:01 AM
How about disconnect on those packets.  Any client is allowed to disconnect whenever.  Hopefully the anti-bot packets wont have to be a requirement to play in a game.
IIRC, they are [when it's turned on].