• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

UN demands Israel tear down the barrier

Started by Vicious, October 06, 2004, 09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Forged

QuoteI think that marriage should be like it used to be. I think the vows should be taken seriously. Evidently they are not.

Marriage 4000 years ago? Marriage 200 years ago? or marriage previous to the the 50's?
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Tuberload

Quote from: quasi-modo on October 15, 2004, 11:27 PM
Quote from: Tuberload on October 15, 2004, 06:49 PM
Now I have come to the conclusion, that I generated a perfectly understandable response after going back through all of that. I have also come to the conclusion that it was in fact you who is putting words into my mouth and misunderstanding everything I have said. This is based solely on the fact that you got into this conversation with me in the first place, when I think it was bluntly obvious that I was not arguing that a president should not be allowed to shape his values based upon his religion.
Yes you dug up every post and let me go back to the beginning. You make it sound like Bush praying is a bad thing, its the way it came off. You said in there that you do not think it is a bad thing, but the enitial post read that way to me.

Also the fact that you said to me that all values are shaped by religion in there when I never said they were. I said values are shaped by religion, I was referring to the values of the president and the values of those who pracitce a religion. Values enter all decisions, and Bush's values are shaped by religion. That is the spot that I am referring to where you put words into my mouth and completely missed what I was trying to say.

Ahh and you're still unable to answer my questions or respond to anything I have said. You are good at rephrasing what you say frequently though.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

quasi-modo

Quote from: Adron on October 16, 2004, 01:08 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on October 16, 2004, 09:36 AM
I think that marriage should be like it used to be. I think the vows should be taken seriously. Evidently they are not.

Well, one way could be having marriages negotiated by the parents.

Another one to bring back huge dowries, a solid financial investment in the marriage. This would fit really well in with the general capitalism too - what better way to revalue marriage than to assign monetary value?
I couldn't really tell if you were being serious about the second part or being sarcastic  ;)
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: Forged on October 16, 2004, 02:41 PM
QuoteI think that marriage should be like it used to be. I think the vows should be taken seriously. Evidently they are not.

Marriage 4000 years ago? Marriage 200 years ago? or marriage previous to the the 50's?
The way it originally was when our country was founded.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: Tuberload on October 16, 2004, 08:33 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on October 15, 2004, 11:27 PM
Quote from: Tuberload on October 15, 2004, 06:49 PM
Now I have come to the conclusion, that I generated a perfectly understandable response after going back through all of that. I have also come to the conclusion that it was in fact you who is putting words into my mouth and misunderstanding everything I have said. This is based solely on the fact that you got into this conversation with me in the first place, when I think it was bluntly obvious that I was not arguing that a president should not be allowed to shape his values based upon his religion.
Yes you dug up every post and let me go back to the beginning. You make it sound like Bush praying is a bad thing, its the way it came off. You said in there that you do not think it is a bad thing, but the enitial post read that way to me.

Also the fact that you said to me that all values are shaped by religion in there when I never said they were. I said values are shaped by religion, I was referring to the values of the president and the values of those who pracitce a religion. Values enter all decisions, and Bush's values are shaped by religion. That is the spot that I am referring to where you put words into my mouth and completely missed what I was trying to say.

Ahh and you're still unable to answer my questions or respond to anything I have said. You are good at rephrasing what you say frequently though.
Bahhh whatever.
WAR EAGLE!

Forged

Quote from: quasi-modo on October 17, 2004, 07:09 PM

White men only married white women(with lots of keeping it in the family too), and black people married whoever their owner thought would breed the best children?
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

quasi-modo

Quote from: Forged on October 19, 2004, 01:41 AM
Quote from: quasi-modo on October 17, 2004, 07:09 PM

White men only married white women(with lots of keeping it in the family too), and black people married whoever their owner thought would breed the best children?
You know, that is not what I was talking about at all. I was talking about with respect to the vows.
WAR EAGLE!

|