• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Useless school district...

Started by Ersan, October 06, 2004, 07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trance

When I went back to school this year there was a new administration in place, we had never had filtered internet... until that day... for it was BESS who made it impossible to do anything at all on the internet at school! I never thought the Chinese would be able to browse more websites than I could.

muert0

To lazy for slackware.

Tasha

Why would you even try getting on irc at school? Is the internet that big a part of your life?

Meh

AIM online is blocked for me at college but I logged onto the system under the libray username instead of my own :P

iago

We have a policy against IMs here, but we don't actually block them.  They DO get logged, though, and reading them is probably fun.  I WILL ADMIT TO NOTHING.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hitmen

Quote[10:51:38] iago: I was reading people's IM conversations today

iago

NOTHING!

But seriously, if I was a network admin at a School, I would block every site on every port.  If people needed access to certain sites, they could be whitelisted. 

Alternatively, I would have a strict use policy, and ban any account that doesn't adhere to it. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Blaze

Quote from: iago on October 22, 2004, 06:39 PM
NOTHING!

But seriously, if I was a network admin at a School, I would block every site on every port. If people needed access to certain sites, they could be whitelisted.

Alternatively, I would have a strict use policy, and ban any account that doesn't adhere to it.
So basicly you would make everyone afraid to go on the computers?
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

YaYYo

Brute the shit out of admin. Ive had a full access account for quite some time now...
Username:test
Password:test
ive used it for about 2 years now. BTW my acct isnt filtered. I usually leave proxy finder on as much as i can. =)

muert0

Quote from: Blaze on October 24, 2004, 01:28 AM
Quote from: iago on October 22, 2004, 06:39 PM
NOTHING!

But seriously, if I was a network admin at a School, I would block every site on every port. If people needed access to certain sites, they could be whitelisted.

So basicly you would make everyone afraid to go on the computers?
No he would be doing his job protecting the system.
Quote from: YaYYo on October 24, 2004, 02:32 AM
Brute the shit out of admin. Ive had a full access account for quite some time now...
Username:test
Password:test
ive used it for about 2 years now. BTW my acct isnt filtered. I usually leave proxy finder on as much as i can. =)
If your admin has an account with full access named test//test he's a retard...
To lazy for slackware.