• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Computer Engineering

Started by TheMinistered, September 28, 2004, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrRaza

Maybe take a grade 11 or grade 12 electronic's class, they show you how to do all of that, and then some.

Tuberload

peofeoknight: The point I was trying to make is that TheMinistered can still make basic components and learn how things work. You don't need advanced equipment, and you don't have to make circuit boards equivalent to today’s technology to learn the basic concepts of how something works.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

quasi-modo

Quote from: Tuberload on September 29, 2004, 04:31 PM
peofeoknight: The point I was trying to make is that TheMinistered can still make basic components and learn how things work. You don't need advanced equipment, and you don't have to make circuit boards equivalent to today's technology to learn the basic concepts of how something works.
What I was saying in my original post though was that you can't make a pc at home though, from scratch. I knew you could make circuits at home, but you can't run a chip foundry out of your garage. I have made some neat electronic doodads at home, like I made a remote controlled car, a radio transmitter (lpfm), and a small am/fm radio.

I think that stuff about arta making his own circuits is really neat though. I knew you could etch circuits from home (I had a friend who used to do it back in the day), but I never knew that's how it was done.

edit: spelling
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: MrRaza on September 29, 2004, 03:19 PM
Maybe take a grade 11 or grade 12 electronic's class, they show you how to do all of that, and then some.
I wish we had any shop classes offered at my school. If we had an electronics or computer hardware class at my school I would be in it in a second. If we even had an auto shop or metal working shop I would be in it in a second.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle