• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Invalid Version Error

Started by Networks, September 27, 2004, 05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Networks

What contributes to the 0x51 response 0x101 (Invalid Version) ? How can I stop this to pass the challenge?

BaDDBLooD

it depends, are you locally hashing, or remotely hashing with BNLS?

EDIT: What Client?
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

Networks

Local hashing and just in general for any client.

BaDDBLooD

There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

Networks

Quote from: BaDDBLooD on September 27, 2004, 06:41 PM
sure hash files are correct?

Positive and the verbyte is 0x11. I have the client.

Networks

Quote from: Minus on September 27, 2004, 06:50 PM
Quote from: Networks on September 27, 2004, 06:46 PM

Did it used to work? Sounds though, like you are having problems with W3 hashing, which in general isn't supported here :P. If it used to work, you probably screwed something up, if not, too bad.

Woops..*sigh* It's out..
I wanted to use it for my own private use =\ (I am really being honest)
Most people who know me know that I wouldn't public release (or private release) a bot with it. (I hope)
I thought I'd use it in a public release when ever stealth and sidoh ported it =\ (If they even went public with it )

Oh well.. I don't expect help... But w/e

I understand if you trash it.

Funny though how I got the same error with bnls when I noticed I sent the verbyte wrong and corrected it..I dunno.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Networks on September 27, 2004, 06:53 PM

Did it used to work? Sounds though, like you are having problems with W3 hashing, which in general isn't supported here :P. If it used to work, you probably screwed something up, if not, too bad.

Woops..*sigh* It's out..
Most people who know me know that I wouldn't public release (or private release) a bot with it. (I hope)
I thought I'd use it in a public release when ever stealth and sidoh ported it =\ (If they even went public with it )

Why would they port it to VB?  It's already been mentioned here many times that it's already slow enough as it is, with Blizzards implementation

Networks

Quote from: UserLoser. on September 27, 2004, 06:56 PM
Quote from: Networks on September 27, 2004, 06:53 PM

Woops..*sigh* It's out..

Why would they port it to VB?  It's already been mentioned here many times that it's already slow enough as it is, with Blizzards implementation

Sidoh is to lazy to code a bot in C++?

Minux

AFAIK, Sidoh and Stealth wanted to port the Java version to VB because Stealth and Sidoh refuse to use the stolen code, and I don't think they want to have a DLL that people will just steal.

Networks

Quote from: Minus on September 27, 2004, 07:06 PM
AFAIK, Sidoh and Stealth wanted to port the Java version to VB because Stealth and Sidoh refuse to use the stolen code, and I don't think they want to have a DLL that people will just steal.

It's simply because it's not meant to be public other wise they may have used it (at least sidoh would've) but userloser didn't let him when he asked.

MyndFyre

On a side note, has anybody actually *asked* the authors for permission to use their library?  I believe *I* have received permission to use it and release it.  They're pretty nice guys to talk to, and down-to-earth.  You might just try *asking*.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Networks

Yes I have. Userloser told me no. I even asked for Sidoh and I got the same response.

iago

You may use my Java library, if you would like.

UserLoser is probably the wrong person to ask, since the code isnt' really his, either.  I'd ask Maddox, first, since it's his code in the .dll.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

UserLoser.

Quote from: iago on September 28, 2004, 12:04 PM

UserLoser is probably the wrong person to ask, since the code isnt' really his, either.  I'd ask Maddox, first, since it's his code in the .dll.

Note it is *my* DLL, not anyone elses.  The whole problem is they don't know how to use it in VB without my DLL

iago

Quote from: UserLoser. on September 28, 2004, 02:11 PM
Quote from: iago on September 28, 2004, 12:04 PM

UserLoser is probably the wrong person to ask, since the code isnt' really his, either. I'd ask Maddox, first, since it's his code in the .dll.

Note it is *my* DLL, not anyone elses. The whole problem is they don't know how to use it in VB without my DLL

Your DLL is a derived work of non-public code.  I don't know the laws, but I know that without Maddox and others, you wouldn't have been able to make it.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*