• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Rome: Total War

Started by SiMi, September 23, 2004, 09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiMi

This game is a sweet game I plan to buy. You basically get to control your armies and do all sorts of sweet stuff. IGN gave it a 9.4 and GameSpot gave it a 9.1. I played the demo and I am hyped to get the real deal.

j0k3r

Quote from: Simi on September 23, 2004, 09:32 PM
You basically get to control your armies and do all sorts of sweet stuff.
Ever play an RTS?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

KrisL

Vicious

If you like Rome: Total War, you should also try Medieval: Total War and Shogun: Total War.   :)

SiMi

Quote from: j0k3r on September 23, 2004, 10:05 PM
Quote from: Simi on September 23, 2004, 09:32 PM
You basically get to control your armies and do all sorts of sweet stuff.
Ever play an RTS?
No.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: Vicious on September 24, 2004, 06:22 AM
If you like Rome: Total War, you should also try Medieval: Total War and Shogun: Total War.   :)
Shogun: Total war was ok, are the games similiar to each other? I didn't really like the way you fight a battle in Shogun.

Vicious

The battles in Medival and Shogun Total war were similar. I haven't played Rome, so I don't know about that.

KrisL

So far im impressed, they have made the battles larger scale than in its previous versions (shogun and medieval) and have made graphical and game improvements.  Its tons of fun and im enjoying the hell out of it.  Im so happy they changed unit move from left click to right click, sucked in medieval total war, you would want to send a unit somewhere, and instead accidently click on another unit.

Falcon[anti-yL]

I played the demo last night and it is so much better than the other total war series. Whens this coming out?