• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Help

Started by ColT, September 23, 2004, 06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColT

Hello, I am starting to learn C++, and I went to the Public Library and rented to C++ books. I just wanted to know if any of these are good. If not can you tell me a book that is good for a person learning C++. Here are the books: CodeGuru.Com Visual C++ GOODIES, Learn Visual C++ Now.

And also what is better the regular Enterprise C++  6.0 Or .NET? Thanks again.

Warrior

This doesnt belong under Bot Development
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

UserLoser.

ColT

Zakath

To answer your questions...

Neither of those books will teach you C++. Those are guides to the Microsoft Visual C++ programming environment, and almost certainly assume that you already are familiar with C++.

In other news, .NET is a better bet than 6, if you can get it.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

ColT

Ok, thank you Zakath

Can you help me with C++, im kind of a noob at it . :(

AntiVirus

I learned all that I know in C++ from my Computer Science class at school, but if you can't take one of those try to get a "For Dumbies" book.  I used that for vb.net and it helped me get into the programming world. But there are WAY better books out there.  So go to a book store and ask someone that works there, they could probably help.
"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Magickian

If you are inexperienced in C itself, Kernighan and Ritchie's The C Programming Language Second Edition will teach you a lot (including a lot of examples of what code exists in the C standard library).  If you are planning on just doing OO development, then disregard my suggestion.

Quote from: ColT on September 23, 2004, 06:32 PM
Hello, I am starting to learn C++, and I went to the Public Library and rented to C++ books. I just wanted to know if any of these are good. If not can you tell me a book that is good for a person learning C++. Here are the books: CodeGuru.Com Visual C++ GOODIES, Learn Visual C++ Now.

And also what is better the regular Enterprise C++  6.0 Or .NET? Thanks again.

AntiVirus

QuoteIf you are planning on just doing OO development, then disregard my suggestion.

What is "OO" ?
"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

ColT

dxoigmn

ColT