• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

World of Warcraft BETA

Started by Grok, September 13, 2004, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

Soul Taker

I saw this one some other site, so I searched the Nzone page for it but couldn't find it, so this is great.  Though the site is down right now  >:(

Falcon[anti-yL]

http://www.nzone.com is up but when I click on the more info for WoW beta it says empty document.

j0k3r

QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Falcon[anti-yL]

Yup it works fine now. I hope I make it.

KrisL

Thanks for the heads-up Grok!

SNiFFeR

I signed up like 12 email addresses.

YaYYo

Too bad your going to have to check those 12 email adresses. Have fun with the waste of time.i havent seen any reviews for that game yet so i can care less.

KrAzY_NuK

I got on the beta, in phase 2 i believe.
The game is alright, the graphics are kinda neat, but the gameplay is pretty much a no-brainer.

I have this problem where I start playing a game, and I play it quite a bit for a few months, then I get bored of it and don't touch it for a while.  Sometimes my interest is re-kindled and I go back to it (Such was the case for Diablo 2).

I could honestly say taht WoW thus far beats out any other Bliz game i've ever played, but it's not spectacular.

Looking back on this post..i'm not really certain whether or not it made sense....
Oh well   :)

j0k3r

World of warcraft is entering the open beta phase "soon". Compared to Star Wars Galaxies, I would say it is a lot better, the graphics are decent, the controls are superior to any MMO I've played before, and it has alot of interesting features.

My only problem is not being able to find a class/race I like, with Star Wars Galaxies you could probably guess what you'd like, and be right. With this game, I find it's more of a stab in the dark and you get lucky if you really enjoy your character.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Soul Taker

Quote from: j0k3r on October 19, 2004, 06:11 PM
World of warcraft is entering the open beta phase "soon". Compared to Star Wars Galaxies, I would say it is a lot better, the graphics are decent, the controls are superior to any MMO I've played before, and it has alot of interesting features.

My only problem is not being able to find a class/race I like, with Star Wars Galaxies you could probably guess what you'd like, and be right. With this game, I find it's more of a stab in the dark and you get lucky if you really enjoy your character.
You could read the site, which outlines each class.

And I agree, the interface is just amazing.  I especially like how you can customize it completely with XML.

j0k3r

Quote from: Soul Taker on October 19, 2004, 06:50 PM
You could read the site, which outlines each class.
I did, and tried every class I thought would be interesting, but was disappointed to say the least.
John Vo

Soul Taker

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/policy/exploitation.shtml#dsmdm
Oh noes, you aren't allowed to packet sniff your network if WoW is running on a system on it!

l)ragon

Something tells me their big boss wants the game pushed out way to early lol.
Guess we'll see with this next patch.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Soul Taker

Quote from: dRAgoN on October 30, 2004, 03:38 AM
Something tells me their big boss wants the game pushed out way to early lol.
Guess we'll see with this next patch.
Yes, they've even said many things won't be done in retail, and will be added with patches.  Very dumb imo, but of course the devs don't really have the choice on when their deadlines are.