• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Anti-Flood Algorithm

Started by dxoigmn, August 30, 2004, 04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dxoigmn

I remember talks of Warcraft III having a good built-in anti-flood algorithm.  Has anyone got around to reversing it?  Or, has anyone done some more analysis and have any more information regarding an efficient anti-flood algorithm?

iago

Maddox was asking me to help him reverse it, but I didn't.  I'm not sure if he ever did it or not.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

The-FooL

As far as I remeber, it prevents you from sending messages when you've typed too fast, and does not place them in a que.

Eric

Quote from: The-FooL on August 30, 2004, 08:59 AM
As far as I remeber, it prevents you from sending messages when you've typed too fast, and does not place them in a que.
and all you'd have to do is discover the algorithim and add a queue to follow it which would allow you to acheive flawless flood protection...

MyndFyre

Would you please start spelling "queue" correctly?  "Que" is a Spanish word.  :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

The-FooL

Quote from: MyndFyre on August 30, 2004, 01:45 PM

Would you please start spelling "queue" correctly?  "Que" is a Spanish word.  :P

Maybe I meant the spanish word :P

MyndFyre

Quote from: The-FooL on August 30, 2004, 09:13 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre on August 30, 2004, 01:45 PM

Maybe I meant the spanish word :P

That would be really stupid, because "que" is a Spanish preposition, not a noun.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.