• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

If you could select ANY current TI calculator...

Started by tA-Kane, August 20, 2004, 06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tA-Kane

As some of you know, my dad works at TI. He's a winner for some contest at his building for winning one of ANY currently-manufactured TI calculator. So... yeah...

Which one would you pick?

"*Current TI Calculators include: TI-10, TI-15, TI-34 II, TI-30Xa, TI-30X IIS, TI-30X IIB, TI-36X, TI-73 Explorer, TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, TI-84 Plus Silver Edition, TI-86, TI-89 Titanium, Voyage 200. Or you may choose a TI Keyboard or CBR motion sensor."

Edit: You can visit http://education.ti.com to learn more about their different caluclators.
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

Falcon[anti-yL]

muert0

The most expensive so probably the Voyage 200. Or the data collection tools. Those look pretty cool.
To lazy for slackware.

quasi-modo

I use the standard TI83+, its the specified calculator for my apstats and apphysics classes. But the ti83+ is definatly not the most powerful or expensive.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Zakath

I had a TI-89 until my roommate lost it last year. That was a very robust calculator.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

MyndFyre

I've used an 83, 83+, 85, 86, and 89.  I would have to say that the 89 is easily the best one to get.

I wouldn't get the voyage, cuz you can still get away with using the 89 on selected exams.  :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Hazard

I personally find the TI-83 Plus and TI-83 Silver Edition to be the two most user friendly and efficent calculators out there. Sure the TI-89 has the USB port adapter and power charger and all that happy horse shit, but the TI-83 Plus/Silver have all of the fucntions you could possibly need in a calculator and, in my experience, are preferred by the teachers and professors.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

TehUser

There's no question that you should get the 89.  Of the calculators you listed, only it and the Voyage have a computer algebra system (meaning that they can do symbolic manipulation as opposed to just numerical calculations).  Also, as MyndFyre said, the 89 is still "allowed" on standardized tests--mainly because it still looks like the calculators with lesser abilities.  Last, but not least, you can program in C for the 89, and that alone should be reason enough to get one.

Eli_1

It's funny you started this thread.  I just got back from Staples, not 2 hours ago, and picked up a TI 83+ for Pre-calc (graphs) and Physics (games).  It's pretty cool, but if you get to pick out any, def. get the most expensive.   :P

Newby

Our Algebra II teacher said to get a TI-83+ beacuse the normal edition isn't sold anymore. So eh?
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Akamas

Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

Eli_1

Quote from: Newby on August 24, 2004, 09:53 PM
Our Algebra II teacher said to get a TI-83+ beacuse the normal edition isn't sold anymore. So eh?

Precalc teacher told us to get TI-83+, because the TI-83 blows monkey balls.

quasi-modo

89 is the highest I would go because anything more and you can't use it on standardized tests like AP exams, and the SAT.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

j0k3r

QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Akamas

Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.