• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Who needs JSTR packet logs?

Started by DeCeP7ioN, August 19, 2004, 10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeCeP7ioN

I recently got a Japanese kid to send me an ISO of StarCraft Japanese. If anyone needs packet logs of in-game activity, let me know.
- Deception

PaiD

Sorry to revive old posts.

I would like a copy of the iso if anyone still has it

UserLoser

Quote from: DeCeP7ioN on August 19, 2004, 10:42 AM
I recently got a Japanese kid to send me an ISO of StarCraft Japanese. If anyone needs packet logs of in-game activity, let me know.

I would like the base game files, that is, non-patched StarcraftJ.exe, Storm.dll, and Battle.snp.

PaiD

Wow. Google has failed me this time. I have looked all over for an iso on yahoo/google (english/japanese) and nothing! Also emailed blizzard telling them that I am a big fan of blizzard work/games and wanted to know how I could get a copy of the game for my collection. + posted a request of many warez boards. LimeWire also shows nothing. This SUCKS!

Edit: Also posted it on Ebay

Skywing

Quote from: UserLoser on January 21, 2006, 12:01 AM
Quote from: DeCeP7ioN on August 19, 2004, 10:42 AM

I would like the base game files, that is, non-patched StarcraftJ.exe, Storm.dll, and Battle.snp.
I would be interested in these too.

The most reliable way would be to use an mpq editor to extract starcraftj.exe, storm.dll, battle.snp from StarDat.mpq.

Mesiah / haiseM

Why? what's the difference between doing that, and just installing the game, grabbing the files, throwing them in a zip, and boot em to go? The game doesn't have an updater, theres no way the files can be "patched"... unless you refer to some other kind of patching? Just curious..

But since we are on the topic, I had the client at one time.. It was pretty interesting. If you could, I'd like the hash files as well..
]HighBrow Innovations
Coming soon...

AIM Online Status: 

Skywing

Quote from: Mesiah / haiseM on January 21, 2006, 02:49 PM
Why? what's the difference between doing that, and just installing the game, grabbing the files, throwing them in a zip, and boot em to go? The game doesn't have an updater, theres no way the files can be "patched"... unless you refer to some other kind of patching? Just curious..

But since we are on the topic, I had the client at one time.. It was pretty interesting. If you could, I'd like the hash files as well..
Actually, at a glance the versions of JSTR battle.snp and storm.dll which I have do indeed appear to support patching.  Bnupdate is downloaded from battle.net and is not necessarily going to be in the game directory at install time.

Why do you think that JSTR doesn't support updates?

Mesiah / haiseM

Ahh... I see now. Thanks for the info.
]HighBrow Innovations
Coming soon...

AIM Online Status: 

Mystical

Revive? damn this topic is 2 years old, well id like it to ;]

Sorc.Polgara

Quote from: Skywing on January 21, 2006, 03:25 PM
Quote from: Mesiah / haiseM on January 21, 2006, 02:49 PM

Actually, at a glance the versions of JSTR battle.snp and storm.dll which I have do indeed appear to support patching.  Bnupdate is downloaded from battle.net and is not necessarily going to be in the game directory at install time.

Why do you think that JSTR doesn't support updates?
It seems like it can be patched... the Hdx dude who hosts hash files has JSTR v1.12 hash files on his webspace, if it couldn't be patched, you'd think the version would be 1.0 or less >_<

Anyways, I'd ask this Hdx dude, cuz he might have the Japanese Starcraft, know someone who does, or have some kind of info on where you might get it since he's hosting JSTR hash files...

PaiD

Well there are hash files out there for JSTR v1.12 (dont know how) but I dont know anyone with the game anymore

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Hdx

Quote from: Sorc.Polgara on January 27, 2006, 09:23 AM
Anyways, I'd ask this Hdx dude, cuz he might have the Japanese Starcraft, know someone who does, or have some kind of info on where you might get it since he's hosting JSTR hash files...
'this Hdx dude' that made me laugh.
But no, I don't have it.
@FoFo's link,
If anyone can read/work with the site (sorry i don't undertand any japanese) Figure out exactly how much it would cost in USD to buy it and ship it to oregon, and I would gladly reemberse you via paypal.
And thanks for the link i'll try and get some of my friends to go to it, see if they can make sense (ALL literally of them are taking/speak japanese)
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

FrOzeN

English Translation of the page.

3,255 Japanese Yen = 37.13768 Australian Dollar
3,255 Japanese Yen = 27.93922 US Dollar
~ FrOzeN

PaiD

Thx Rabbit :)

I now have Amazon loaded in 1 tab and Google Translate in the other :)

Edit: Ok I give up.... I cant do it !! I will pay someone to order it to me