• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Chat? Binary? Huh?

Started by Antichrist, August 16, 2004, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antichrist

Alright, I'm a newbie to bot programming.. actually, I'm pretty much a newbie in THE programming environment. I'd like to ask, when people refeer to "Chat" bot, what's that.. the same goes for "Binary" bot. My theory is a chat bot connects but just logs onto Spawn or w/e and can only be in a public channel, and Binary is multi-client/private channel abled. If I'm anything near the correct definitions, yay! If not, yet again: I'm a newbie. Thanks.

ChR0NiC

Quote from: Antichrist on August 16, 2004, 09:06 PM
Alright, I'm a newbie to bot programming.. actually, I'm pretty much a newbie in THE programming environment. I'd like to ask, when people refeer to "Chat" bot, what's that.. the same goes for "Binary" bot. My theory is a chat bot connects but just logs onto Spawn or w/e and can only be in a public channel, and Binary is multi-client/private channel abled. If I'm anything near the correct definitions, yay! If not, yet again: I'm a newbie. Thanks.

Well you are pretty correct, a Chat connection does not require a cd key and is only allowed in public channels, and it connects differently, binary connections require cdkeys and must go through a much more difficult connection process compared to chat. But if you are here to learn don't forget to check out the Battle.net Reference part of the forum :)

Antichrist

Quote from: ChR0NiC on August 16, 2004, 09:08 PM

Well you are pretty correct,

Awesome.

Quote from: ChR0NiC on August 16, 2004, 09:08 PM
But if you are here to learn don't forget to check out the Battle.net Reference part of the forum :)

Thank you, I wasn't aware there was a Battle.net Reference part of the forum. :-[ :D

ChR0NiC

This will be your best friend also BNETDocs, god bless Arta :-*, also if you are not ready for packets yet I just made an easy connection handler called BNLS Logon Control, it can be found here

Newby

If they call it a chat bot, then it's most likely a bot that is designed as a chatter bot, and it's most likely a binary connection.

If they say chat connection, it's a connection via plaintext.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Eli_1

Quote from: Newby on August 16, 2004, 09:21 PM
If they call it a chat bot, then it's most likely a bot that is designed as a chatter bot, and it's most likely a binary connection.

If they say chat connection, it's a connection via plaintext.

It also depends on how "chat" is capitalized. CHAT usually refers to a chat connection.

Kp

Quote from: ChR0NiC on August 16, 2004, 09:08 PMbinary connections require cdkeys

Diablo, Diablo Shareware, and Starcraft Shareware are all non-cdkey clients which use the binary interface.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!