• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Alt Keystroke

Started by MindArchon, August 06, 2004, 09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MindArchon

In stealthbot when someone goes ?trigger it displays the trigger with the Keystroke (Alt + 454).

Does anyone know the code of how to make it display the keystroke of the trigger?

Tuberload

If I am not mistaken the keystroke he is displaying is just the character(ASCII/UNICODE) value.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

UserLoser.

Quote from: MindArchon on August 06, 2004, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know the code of how to make it display the keystroke of the trigger?

Yes.

Stealth

That's right. "0" & Asc(Trigger) - just be sure Trigger is restricted to a single character in length.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

hismajesty

Quote from: Stealth on August 06, 2004, 10:30 PM
That's right. "0" & Asc(Trigger) - just be sure Trigger is restricted to a single character in length.

Especially if Eibro is in your clan. Go away for a while and return to the trigger being EIBROISSOCOOL.

MindArchon

Quote from: Stealth on August 06, 2004, 10:30 PM

Why do I need the 0 in front? I tried Asc(".") and it got 46.

Alt + 46 still gives me .

Eli_1

You just do. Alt+225 != Alt+0225

Adron

I think Alt + 3 digits is compatible with the way it "always" worked, using the charset that was used then, and alt + 4+ digits uses unicode.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Adron on August 07, 2004, 03:08 PM
I think Alt + 3 digits is compatible with the way it "always" worked, using the charset that was used then, and alt + 4+ digits uses unicode.

Hrm.  In Windows 3.1, it required you to use 4 digits, prepending the 0 to the key combination.  I'm not saying that it wasn't possible (AFAIK, you *could* use 2 or 3 digits), but that was the "Microsoft-sanctioned" way.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.