• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Asians invading North America?

Started by ChR0NiC, July 31, 2004, 02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think there are too many Asians in North America?

Yes
9 (36%)
No
7 (28%)
You racist bastard
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 17

K

Quote from: Stealth on July 31, 2004, 09:23 PM
No, it sure as hell hasn't had any impact on our quality of life here. There is certainly a large population of Hmong immigrants here in Madison and elsewhere in Wisconsin, but they're largely good people.

ChR0NiC, Your example with the asian kid and the teacher, where the asian kid did well on the test - so what? If you don't like that Asians tend to do well in school then there's one clear solution: do better than them yourself. Or you could make friends with them and have them help you. Hating them is not going to fix things.

There's no reason to discriminate against someone because of their race. They're just as good a person as you are from the start. A person's actions should determine how they're treated, not their skin color or place of origin.
Hear hear.

It's what our country was founded on; this is a place for people to come in search of a better life.  

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,  
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.  
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:  
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Especially since everyone in this country's ancestors all came from somewhere else.  Unless you're a native american.  Then you can bitch about having other races over run your civilization.  ::)

Newby

Should be legally, Southern California is so full of illegal mexicans it's not even funny. :(
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Falcon[anti-yL]

I live in Houston so there are alot of Asians but they're cool. :)

muert0

Legally is a funny term involvoing immigration. Like K said no race is really from america except the Native Americans so everyone else is an illegal immigrant and should go back where they come from if you look at it that way.
To lazy for slackware.

Maddox

asdf.

Zakath

Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Maddox

asdf.

Arta

Eli_1

That graph looks like my school. Only the blue here represents Puerto Ricans (spelling?) that hate white people.

iPuerto Rico es numero uno!
- According to the bathroom walls, anyway.

Arta

What the hell is wrong with that? Americans proclaim the magnificence of the USA all the time (most irritatingly)

Maddox

Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 01, 2004, 01:14 AM
What the hell is wrong with that? Americans proclaim the magnificence of the USA all the time (most irritatingly)

Need to even out the diversity.
asdf.

Stealth

Clearly with all this immigration, so much that ChR0NiC complains about it ( ;) ), we're doing something right.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Negotiable

In highschool, I think there were maybe 5 asians in my school.

But I have nothing against people of any color (white or whatever) so long as they respect me and aren't causing any problems.

Arta

Quote from: Maddox on August 01, 2004, 02:19 AM

Need to even out the diversity.

"even out the diversity" is practically a contradiction in terms. Why is it of any consequence if there are more people of one ethnic group in a school than another? Why is it any worse in your opinion for asian people to be in the majority rather than white people? What difference does it make?

If everyone treats everyone else with respect it should not be an issue, and if they don't, then it's lack of respect that's the problem, not racial group, gender, sexual orientation, or anything else.

Eli_1

That's the point though, Arta. Everyone _doesn't_ treat everyone else with respect. Have you been in a highschool recently where you're surrounded by Mexicans? You get treated with everything but respect. They also seem to make it quite clear they don't want to be in the US to begin with.  :-\

|