Help

Started by EviL_MarinE, July 25, 2004, 07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChR0NiC

Quote from: EviL_MarinE on July 27, 2004, 06:00 AM
Chronic, can you post the Packets here again plz
like the 0xC9 one or whatever it was, and for all games
thanks

There is no 0xC9 one, and I am not going to post all the game packets for you because I feel it is unfair to those who actually did the hard work of figuring them out.

EviL_MarinE

Umm, thanks for welcoming me to the vL Forums :)

Ah well, Chronic, Dont matter, ill find em out myself

But if you decide to turn kind, you know where these forums are, and where i am :-)

ChR0NiC

Quote from: EviL_MarinE on July 27, 2004, 12:34 PM
Umm, thanks for welcoming me to the vL Forums :)

Ah well, Chronic, Dont matter, ill find em out myself

But if you decide to turn kind, you know where these forums are, and where i am :-)

Remember to start yourself off with a good Packet Logger Ethereal, BNCSMon or WPE Pro, which I am not 100% sure where you can find it, but I guess I could email it to you if you really want it.

EviL_MarinE

Hmm yes :) Please email em to [email protected]

But Chronic, you did tell me one packet which i wanna know

The new versionbyte, or shud i use the packet logger when u email it to me

ChR0NiC

Quote from: EviL_MarinE on July 27, 2004, 12:46 PM
Hmm yes :) Please email em to [email protected]

But Chronic, you did tell me one packet which i wanna know

The new versionbyte, or shud i use the packet logger when u email it to me

All of the current version bytes are displayed at BNET Docs along with alot of other documentation on lots of packets, although I don't recommend you go there, since you are trying to program using the 0x1E connection, and there really isn't much help provided for that sequence, but there is alot of other things it can help you with.

Edit: the version byte is not a packet, it's a DWORD

EviL_MarinE

Not being a fool, but whats the "0x1E" Connection :-P
But thanks for telling about packet loggers, now dling Ethereal :)

And on BnetDocs, cheers m8

ChR0NiC

Quote from: EviL_MarinE on July 27, 2004, 01:05 PM
Not being a fool, but whats the "0x1E" Connection :-P
But thanks for telling about packet loggers, now dling Ethereal :)

And on BnetDocs, cheers m8

SEND ->  Protocol byte (01)
SEND -> SID_CLIENTID2 (0x1E)
SEND -> SID_LOCALEINFO (0x12)
SEND -> SID_STARTVERSIONING (0x06)
RECV <- SID_LOGONCHALLENGEEX (0x1D)
RECV <- SID_PING (0x25)
RECV <- SID_STARTVERSIONING (0x06)
SEND -> SID_PING (0x25) [Optional]
SEND -> SID_REPORTVERSION (0x07)
RECV <- SID_REPORTVERSION (0x07)
SEND -> SID_UDPPINGRESPONSE (0x14) [Optional]
SEND -> SID_CDKEY2 (0x36)
RECV <- SID_CDKEY2 (0x36)
SEND -> SID_LOGONRESPONSE (0x29)
RECV <- SID_LOGONRESPONSE (0x29)
SEND -> SID_ENTERCHAT (0x0A)

The 0x1E logon sequence is a sequence that is discontinued and Battle.net no longer supports except for W2BN, but it can still be used for any single cd key product except Warcraft III I believe.

EviL_MarinE

ChR0NiC

Quote from: Grok on July 27, 2004, 12:47 PM

This is an unaaceptable response on any vL-hosted forum but this is botdev, so maybe they're fine with it here.  Bring that attitude to even our Trash Can, and it will only be until I see it.

When someone is trying to learn, no matter how much of a beginner they are, either you try to help them, or you sit out.  In this case, you may think your explanation if perfectly good, because you understand it, why can't they?

Know what the best teachers and professors know -- that one approach does not work for every student.  If you really want to help, and someone doesn't understand your first attempt, try another tact.  Yelling and cussing is not another acceptable tact for education, unless you're in Navy Seal training maybe.

Don't blame the student for your failure to be a good teacher.

It's part of my community service that Grok has ordered me to perform.  :'(

EviL_MarinE

To try and teach me and me not understanding some parts? :-D

Edit: my ethereal dl finished, and it didnt work, boohoo :(
Edit2: Want to email me Ethereal if you have it? :-P

shadypalm88

Quote from: EviL_MarinE on July 27, 2004, 01:15 PM
To try and teach me and me not understanding some parts? :-D

Edit: my ethereal dl finished, and it didnt work, boohoo :(
Edit2: Want to email me Ethereal if you have it? :-P
I use Ethereal and it works fine.  There are a couple things though.  First, before using Ethereal, you need WinPcap.  When you install it, if it asks you to restart, restart.  I think this was one of the few things where I really did have to for it to work.

When you run Ethereal you'll want to go to Edit > Preferences, and choose Capture on the left.  Look at Default interface.  On mine the default was Generic NdisWan adapter.  This didn't work, and I had to choose my network card from the list.  If you don't know what it is, guess.  Then press Save, then Apply, and then OK.  (If something other than Gereric NdisWan Adapter was the default, just close Preferences and don't worry about this.)

After that you should be able to start using Ethereal.  Go to Capture > Start.  You can use the text field next to the Capture Filter button to filter network traffic.  For example, enter "port 6112" there to only capture Battle.Net traffic.  Then press OK.  It'll start to monitor network traffic.  When you're done, press Stop, and it will show what it has captured.

Good luck!

Edit: Fixed typo.

EviL_MarinE

ty, it works perfect, but one thing, how do you work out the thing like "0x51" - Is it "Indentification: " ?

Stealth

No. Ethereal is a complete network monitoring utility, so it captures a lot of information that doesn't necessarily relate to Battle.net bot development, including TCP SYN/ACK traffic.

Find the first packet whose data length is greater than 0 bytes, then look within it for the sequence:

FF XX

which is the start of the Battle.net packet header. XX will be the packet ID in hex.

Ethereal's filtering system is very powerful. If you have problems, try playing around with it a bit.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

shadypalm88

Quote from: EviL_MarinE on July 28, 2004, 03:51 AMhow do you work out the thing like "0x51" - Is it "Indentification: " ?
When you filter by port like I suggested in my earlier post, only Battle.Net traffic will be shown.  Look in the list for entries marked PSH.  These packets contain data; the others aren't important for what you're doing.

When you select a packet with data, you should see some information below the packet list.  Detailed there are all the packet sections.  Click on the one marked Data.  This will highlight some of the hex dump.  The portion Ethereal highlighted is the Battle.Net packet, and is the only thing you're interested in.  Pretend the rest of it isn't there.

This screenshot might help you see what I mean.  Again, good luck!

Tip: To only show packets with data in them, you can use a display filter.  See this screenshot.

EviL_MarinE

Ah thanks Stealth :)

And ty for ss shadow :)

Big thanks up to you both
Btw, StealthBot is popular over [email protected], just thought i'd let you know ur bot is a successful one :D