• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Selling a site?

Started by Forged, July 23, 2004, 02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forged

Where is a good place to put your site up for sell?  Are there any forums or anything that let you advertise you selling your site? You need a credit card for ebay and I don't have one and don't want to have to borrow a friends if it isn't necisarry.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

quasi-modo

selling a domain or selling a template or what. Do you mean the sale of it all, like the files, space, domain, everything, the whole working site?
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Forged

The domain, database, working copy of vbulletin, and I guess I could sell the licence but I would really prefer not to.  However I am selling the site because I can't afford a new host so the server isn't coming with it.

j0k3r

Quote from: Forged on July 23, 2004, 11:16 PM
The domain, database, working copy of vbulletin, and I guess I could sell the licence but I would really prefer not to.  However I am selling the site because I can't afford a new host so the server isn't coming with it.
Nobody would really be interested in your database or files unless they were trying to collect personal information on you. The domain won't be worth much either I don't think.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Forged

the site has 4500, members and a realtivlly active forum and around 4k hits a day, I don't think it would be that hard to sell.  However one of the other site admins decided to host it for us so I really don't need to sell it anymore.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Forged on July 24, 2004, 01:00 PM
the site has 4500, members and a realtivlly active forum and around 4k hits a day, I don't think it would be that hard to sell.  However one of the other site admins decided to host it for us so I really don't need to sell it anymore.
Well then the only people who would want to buy It I think are those who want to put ads all over it to try to make a few bucks :(
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle