• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

IPban.

Started by Luxer, July 22, 2004, 07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luxer

Could somone please tell me what my bot could possiblbly be doing (telnet bot, no hashing or BNLS) to get IPban evertime I try to connect?

Tuberload

Post a log of you doing whatever you do that gets you banned.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

OnlyMeat

Quote from: Luxer on July 22, 2004, 07:55 AM
Could somone please tell me what my bot could possiblbly be doing (telnet bot, no hashing or BNLS) to get IPban evertime I try to connect?

Am i understanding you correctly you are just using a text gateway bot?

If so then are you initializing the login sequence once you have established a tcp/ip connection to the server i.e

CPacket Packet;

Packet  << (BYTE)0x03      // Init login byte 3=text gateway
            << (BYTE)0x04     // Dont send me 0x25
            << m_sAccount    // bnChat Account
            << "\r\n"              // CRLF
            << m_sPassword // bnChat Password
            << "\r\n";             // CRLF
Packet.Send(m_conn_socket);

If you dont even get to this point ie. cant establish a connection then you need to check how you are connecting, you should be using tcp/ip and connecting on port 0x17E0.

If this does not work then you need to elaborate more on what language you are using vb/c++ etc maybe post the code you are using and//or the socket parameters you are using.

Eli_1

Quote from: OnlyMeat on July 22, 2004, 10:52 AM
... you should be using tcp/ip and connecting on port 0x17E0.

Haha.  :P

MyndFyre

I wanted to correct something here:

Quote from: OnlyMeat on July 22, 2004, 10:52 AM

CPacket Packet;

Packet  << (BYTE)0x03      // Init login byte 3=text gateway
            << (BYTE)0x04     // Dont send me 0x25

Sending 0x04 (or CTRL+D) doesn't tell it to *not* send 0x25 -- it won't send 0x25 on a text gateway client anyway.  Sending 0x04 (or CTRL+D) disables remote echo.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.