• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

code theft and distribution

Started by Don Cullen, July 07, 2004, 02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Cullen

Good news, after checking into matters with Blizzard, talking with TagBan as well as his host, this issue/situation has been resolved. Tagban will only distribute bots, as well as scripts of the creators whom he has already obtained consent from. There should be no further problems on this issue. Thanks for your attention! :)
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

MyndFyre

LoL -- the attention being telling you that nobody cares and that you're a dumbass?

Look, when there are entire websites devoted to a bot, and Blizzard doesn't take action, they don't care.

You could have done something to the extent of invoking the DMCA, but you wouldn't need all of us to do anything -- you could have simply sent his host and Google (because they'll take a site out of their listings if they believe it violates the DMCA) a written statement saying that he violated your copywritten works.

I don't think that your original letter would have covered it though.  Grammar would have been a nice thing...  :-P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Maybe you should've included the reason you want to shut their site down.
This is what Tagban posted on his forum.
QuoteBut whats even funnier, is that we didn't do anything illegal! Thats right kiddies, I reported someone for image stealing, and it ended up getting his entire site shutdown. I didn't mean to, and even after explaining this to him, he apparently didn't care. I then contacted his webhost in the morning and asked him to restore his domain and scripts, because he had worked hard for them.

I later find out, that he not only contacted my host trying to get me shutdown over a thread on here regarding Clan Scripts, but he contacted Blizzard Entertainment, and informed them of my website and 'stolen content'.

Good news?
Well theres nothing on my site that is illegal. He reported us for solely having the name 'BNET' which luckily isn't a copyrighted name by Blizzard Entertainment. Not to mention, if they didn't want me to have it, they would've told me in the first billion emails...

So whats going to happen?
Well according to Kyro, I ruined his life basically.

Adron

LOL; so; what's really happened is that Kyro has been stealing stuff from Tagban and gotten shut down for it, and now he's trying to shut Tagban down back? Childish.....

warz

Kyro, what site do you currently work on, and say that you've put the most time into? Does it have clan scripts on it? Clan scripts that haven't been stolen yet?

What the hell is a clan script?

Falcon[anti-yL]

Blaze

Blizzard did take bnet.cc down before but its up again. What harm could a clan script do to bnet?
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

TaGBaN

Clearing things up. Well, I finally registered on vL's forums.

Here are the facts:
DM's site got shutdown because I reported to thier host that they had stolen images from a client of mine. I did NOT ask the host to shut them down, I asked them to tell DM to remove the infringing images/layout. This has been cleared up.

As for the 'source codes' that I supposedly stole, these have been off of my site for quite some time. Infact, the only scripts I distributed, were Clan Tek 3.0. This was in an upset to stop them from charging in excess of 50 bucks for shitty scripts. Clan Tek has since closed down thier forums because some clan (To go nameless) decided it would be funny to rub it in Clan Tek's face that I had leaked thier scripts out. This was in no way a personal attack, but there are hundreds of clans out there, that already have stolen scripts..

In addition to this, the other script sources that I DO posess, are copyright violations in themselves, if you wish to go into details. Clan Tek 1.0 scripts were very easy to hack/build up. Thus, many groups of poor little thirteen year olds decided "Hey, they're making money, we can steal it and sell ours for more!". Thus scripts such as 'Net Tek' and 'Pro Tek' are born.

BNET.cc has had legal runins in the past. These have been cleared up, and we've moved on. I have authorization from Blizzard to use the name 'BNET' as it is merely an abbreviation or 'shortening' of the actual registered name 'battle.net'. As for the games? We have NEVER supported hacks. The only thing BNET.cc hosted was bots, maps, and bot sources (Which were OBVIOUSLY publically released).

I even gave a contact link, so that if YOU owned something, and didn't want it on my site, that I would take it down. I never got any emails stating this. I even contacted Spht asking permission to host Spht Bot v3, as well as plugins for it. You can ask him yourself, as im sure he will inform you it is correct.

The only bots that BNET.cc will continue to host, are the following:
Stealth Bot
Spht Bot v3
BNU`Bot
Chewbacca Bot a8
Subbot

As for any other downloads, we host maps, replays, and simple map editors/protectors. We're encouraging gaming on Battle.net, its hardly a violation, considering we encourage people to play games, and use Blizzard's software.

That being said, if you really do have anything against BNET.cc, you can kiss my ass. :)

I've acted within accordance of the law and thus am free of persecution from that within. I find it fairly sad that I even had to come here to speak my peace, and im actually glad to even see some people backing BNET.cc up.

Regards,
 TaGBaN
http://www.bnet.cc Administrator

Warrior

I dun called him over here  :)
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

MyndFyre

Quote from: LW-Warrior on July 07, 2004, 08:56 PM
I dun called him over here  :)

whoopie.  that's freaking awesome.  I can't begin to explain how awed I am.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Warrior

Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

ChR0NiC

This whole deal is just a bunch of useless BS. Who the hell gives a flying **** about stolen sources. If you are stupid enough to release a source or make it available to the public than you deserve to have your source leeched off of and redistributed.  >:(

Fr0z3N

Heh, me and my friend Alex thought this thread was a huge joke.

Warrior

It is pointless to charge for Clan Scripts. So I leak them . I hate paying for anything on the internet and I know others feel the same.

UserLoser.

No way associated with Battle.net Bot development, move this to trash can :)

|