• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Chicken Flavouring

Started by iago, June 29, 2004, 10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Have you noticed that artificial chicken flavouring tastes nothing like chicken?

*goes back to eating soup*
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

muert0

What kind of soup? I think campbell's does a pretty good job making the chicken tasting stuff taste like chicken.
To lazy for slackware.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Campbell's chicken soup barely has any chicken in it, which is why I like to make my own. :)

iago

Campbell's actually has chicken, though, it's not flavouring.  Lipton, for example, and instant Wonton I was eating last night.  And Oxo chicken boolean cube stuff.  None of those taste like chicken.

muert0

I've only used lipton onion soup to make dip so I don't really know what the chicken one taste like. Guess I won't try it either though.
To lazy for slackware.

Falcon[anti-yL]

I can't really taste the difference between real chicken and flavoring. Like those instant noodles, I know its flavoring but it tastes so much like chicken. =/

iago

Quote from: muert0 on June 30, 2004, 11:12 AM
I've only used lipton onion soup to make dip so I don't really know what the chicken one taste like. Guess I won't try it either though.

Onion dip ownz.

Adron

Quote from: iago on June 29, 2004, 10:47 PM
Have you noticed that artificial chicken flavouring tastes nothing like chicken?

Chicken tastes like everything?

Thing

QuoteChicken tastes like everything?
I think frog legs tastes like chicken.
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

j0k3r

All small animals taste the same (well, for the most part). Chicken, rat, snake, frog, etc taste identical, and I'm guessing because of their size. People comepare the taste to chicken because they don't know what else to compare it to. Larger animals such as cows tend to taste different. You can't say ****** tastes like chicken, maybe chicken tastes like it.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

iago

Quote from: j0k3r on July 04, 2004, 12:32 PM
All small animals taste the same (well, for the most part). Chicken, rat, snake, frog, etc taste identical, and I'm guessing because of their size. People comepare the taste to chicken because they don't know what else to compare it to. Larger animals such as cows tend to taste different. You can't say ****** tastes like chicken, maybe chicken tastes like it.

So size == flavour?

*eats an apple and a tomato*

Hitmen

Quote from: iago on July 04, 2004, 01:05 PM

So size == flavour?

I think he meant in general for animals, specifically smaller ones.

j0k3r

So size == flavour?

Where did I mention anything about fruits and vegetables?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

iago

Quote from: j0k3r on July 04, 2004, 02:25 PM

So size == flavour?

Where did I mention anything about fruits and vegetables?

Size being comparible to flavour doesn't make any sense :)

Unless it's actually true that size DOES matter

muert0

To lazy for slackware.