• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Hrm, What's up with vl.com getting dosed?

Started by Archonist, June 29, 2004, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archonist

Quote from: MoNeY on June 29, 2004, 11:41 PM
any1 know when it will be up again? This is to show you how bad it is. Like most of the w3 channels I know of dont have ops now.

... That was the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

warz

nah i hear worse from half the forum regulars most the time.

UserLoser.

Well I read up about Syn floods, so I understand what it is/how it works now ;)

Grok

Quote from: UserLoser. on June 30, 2004, 02:55 AM

Cell Phone SYN flood:

"Can you hear me now?"
"Yes"
(guy never says "GOOD")

"Can you hear me now?"
"Yes"
(guy never says "GOOD")

"Can you hear me now?"
"Yes"
(guy never says "GOOD")

iago

Quote from: Grok on June 30, 2004, 05:12 AM

Cell Phone SYN flood:

"Can you hear me now?"
"Yes"
(guy never says "GOOD")

"Can you hear me now?"
"Yes"
(guy never says "GOOD")

"Can you hear me now?"
"Yes"
(guy never says "GOOD")

Hahaha, that's a perfect description! *hugs*
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

cefx-

Humiliating packet kiddies is a pass time of mine.

'Course...I'm now friends with some admins from my NOC.

But hey.

Favourite packet kiddy quote:
"I get NOCs fired all the time!"
cefx
Technodev.org (future project) / UnixPartisan.org
Future dictator

Newby

Here's how my firewall describes syn floods:

QuoteSYN Flood - This attack involves sending connection requests to a server, but never fully completing the connections. This will cause some computers to get into a "stuck state" where they cannot accept connections from legitimate users. ("SYN" is short for "SYNchronize"; this is the first step in opening an Internet connection).
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Archonist

Well, this whole thing was stupid anyway. I did it for one night and just realized that botnets are such a waste of time.. I want to get better with computers, and a botnet and packeting isn't going to help that. I guess it's good I tried it once though, it's always good to have tried everything. So sorry about the damage I caused if I caused any, and I'm done with botnets.

Thanks, Archon.

Sadlittleman

Quote from: Bsd on June 29, 2004, 12:42 PM
I think people with nicknames of animated disney charcters are childish and immature... iago was a fucking annoying, loudmouth, parrot.. You're just an annoying loudmouth ;)

What? I thought iago came from "Othello."

I agree with iago. Some people just lack maturity.  :(

iago

Quote from: Sadlittleman on June 30, 2004, 04:51 PM
What? I thought iago came from "Othello."

It does, you sad little man.  See "iago's forum"
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

hismajesty

Quote from: Bsd on June 29, 2004, 12:26 PM
Sure! Blame the resident packetmonkey... Isn't it ALWAYS Bsd?

Yes, it's always the childish forum moron that everyone dislikes. You're a prime example of why parents should kill their kids.

Archon: I just lost _all_ respect I _ever_ had for you. Good job stooping to the level of BSD.

Bsd

Oh shut up you lame fucks....  Do you think that having the respect of some lame internet fag like hismajesty is going to change anything?  Who do you think you are?  You're just another lame fuck trying to pass yourself as better then you really are.... Fact of the matter is, you're nothing... Having you're respect doesn't mean jack shit to anyone on the internet you lamer.  You all may refer to me as a "packet kiddie", or whatever the fuck you want.. Fact of the matter is everyone knows my name, and everyone knows what I do.. Who the fuck has ever heard of half of you lame faggots?  No one, that's right.. Why? You contribute nothing to anyone and fact of the matter is *AGAIN*: You're a nothing. So stop talking like your opinion means shit, because it doesn't.

hismajesty

Quote from: Bsd on June 30, 2004, 08:41 PM
Oh shut up you lame fucks....  Do you think that having the respect of some lame internet fag like hismajesty is going to change anything?  Who do you think you are?  You're just another lame fuck trying to pass yourself as better then you really are.... Fact of the matter is, you're nothing... Having you're respect doesn't mean jack shit to anyone on the internet you lamer.  You all may refer to me as a "packet kiddie", or whatever the fuck you want.. Fact of the matter is everyone knows my name, and everyone knows what I do.. Who the fuck has ever heard of half of you lame faggots?  No one, that's right.. Why? You contribute nothing to anyone and fact of the matter is *AGAIN*: You're a nothing. So stop talking like your opinion means shit, because it doesn't.

Please tell me what you contribute. A bunch of downtime and lame threats such as "I'm going to packet you." Sure, everyone knows your name, but most people don't think good things of it. Your entire post was a flame, but you're so cool nobody will ever think that you're a lamer.  ::)

I don't care if you're a lame faggot, but that doesn't mean you have to turn decent people (Archon) into one as well.

MyndFyre

Fact of the matter is everyone knows my name, and everyone knows what I do.

The only reason everyone knows your name is because BSD was an operating system long before MS-DOS.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

warz

Oh shut up you lame fucks....  Do you think that having the respect of some lame internet fag like hismajesty is going to change anything?  Who do you think you are?  You're just another lame fuck trying to pass yourself as better then you really are.... Fact of the matter is, you're nothing... Having you're respect doesn't mean jack shit to anyone on the internet you lamer.  ... Who the fuck has ever heard of half of you lame faggots?  No one, that's right.. Why? You contribute nothing to anyone and fact of the matter is *AGAIN*: You're a nothing. So stop talking like your opinion means shit, because it doesn't.

I fully agree. Not that I don't like people on here, but I think people saying stupid shit like what hismajesty said is really pointless. In the long run, nobody cares about you, me, whats being done here. There's things you can't change, and things you can have the ability to change. You just have to learn to tell the difference between the two.

|