• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Ethereal

Started by deth, June 27, 2004, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deth

I have used ethereal before, briefly, im not sure if it was on this machine.

The problem is that i start up ethereal and go to capture->start, but my network card isn't listed. I did install WinPcap. I looked through the documentation, they said type in the Adapter name and hope that works if not, tough luck (not in those words exactly  :-X).

Anyone else have this problem and know a possible fix or should i just give up and stick to use WPE Pro  :-\?

muert0

Are you on XP and if so did you install winpcap 2.3 or 3.0?
To lazy for slackware.

deth

Quote from: muert0 on June 27, 2004, 04:02 PM
Are you on XP and if so did you install winpcap 2.3 or 3.0?

I am on XP and it is 3.0.

Yoni

I think I had this problem and fixed it by installing WinPcap 3.1 beta. Give it a shot.

iago

I had problems like that with Win2K, it couldn't find my NIC, but it's always worked fine on xp.  What kind of network card do you have?  I don't think it works on dialup, but who has dialup these days :)

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

deth

Quote from: Yoni on June 27, 2004, 04:13 PM
I think I had this problem and fixed it by installing WinPcap 3.1 beta. Give it a shot.

Done so, works like a charm. and may i say you* are a freakin genius  :D

Quote from: iago on June 27, 2004, 04:14 PM
I had problems like that with Win2K, it couldn't find my NIC, but it's always worked fine on xp.  What kind of network card do you have?  I don't think it works on dialup, but who has dialup these days :)

cable connection; the NIC came with the mobo Asustek and yeah, you are right it doesn't detect the dial up adapater.