• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

My computer crash while playing sc can somebody help?

Started by aznjunno, June 27, 2004, 03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aznjunno

When I log on b.net and play starcraft, my computer shuts down on me in the middle of it. I never got to play more than 3 games straight without having my computer shut off on me. It does it almost everytime i try to play.
Does anybody know whats causing this and how to fix this problem?

deth

could possibly be spyware, first scan your pc with Adaware, spybot search and destroy and norton antivirus. see if that helps.

muert0

Is your computer only shutting off when you run starcraft? Is it a copy of starcraft from the store or did you download it? And is your computer shutting off or just locking up?
To lazy for slackware.

aznjunno

My computer shuts off mostly when im playing starcraft.. but i think it shuts off when im using a lot of memory on the computer.
And when i run spybot, this spyware named DSO Exploit.. But when i delete that spyware from spybot.. It keeps on coming back..

iago

I think DSO Exploit comes from IE, get a real browser.

Besides that, which OS are you running?  It's ME, then upgrade time.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

j0k3r

Could be powersupply. Does this happen with other games? How about when your computer works hard for awhile?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

deth

if spybot can't fix it then you use this: http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

load program, before anything else: go to config and check "back up before fix" then scan, save log and find files that are suspecious. there are hundreds of thousands of forums that help against spyware software, just take the suspecious file and put it in google search, the name of it, example: "R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = about:blank" and follow their steps.

if anything goes wrong and you "fixed" it with hijack, you can go to config and click restore and it will restore whatever it did.

if you can't get any help at all then its time for the ultimate mr fix it: format c: :P

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: aznjunno on June 27, 2004, 03:50 PM
My computer shuts off mostly when im playing starcraft.. but i think it shuts off when im using a lot of memory on the computer.
And when i run spybot, this spyware named DSO Exploit.. But when i delete that spyware from spybot.. It keeps on coming back..
How much RAM do you have?

aznjunno

i got 480mb of RAM and I have already formatted using System Recovery CD because I had this problem... and yet it doesnt seem to have fixed the problem.

muert0

And still you don't list your operating system.
To lazy for slackware.

Eli_1

My friend has this exact same problem with Starcraft and D2 (is that you Jeremy/Josh? :P). I think the power supply would be to blame as he has a pretty old computer, also.

And to the people requesting the operating system -- I play Starcraft/Brood War, Diablo2 LOD and Counter-Strike on both Win 95 and Win ME, so I doubt that would cause the problem.

muert0

If he's on xp or 2000 he may have a virus or worm. I think it's blaster that makes your computer shut off. May be a couple of thers too though.
To lazy for slackware.

Grok

Quote from: aznjunno on June 27, 2004, 09:17 PM
i got 480mb of RAM and I have already formatted using System Recovery CD because I had this problem... and yet it doesnt seem to have fixed the problem.

Huh?  480MB?

muert0

To lazy for slackware.

Falcon[anti-yL]

If you have 480 then its not a RAM issue, I have 384 and it runs perfectly. I think its the power supply.