• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Summer Vacations

Started by Crypticflare, June 21, 2004, 12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crypticflare

I figured since this be the season of sunny days and heat exaustion I'd ask what some of your vacation plans include. I'll post the details of mine.

August 5th - August 15th I'll be in Europe, The trip I'm taking includes visits to Innsbruck, Germany; London, Paris, and Switzerland. The biggest thing I can't wait for would be the sights and sounds of the different countries, I plan on taking a dozen throw away cameras or so, and of course 3 foot long chain to keep my passport and wallet secured.. hopefully.

warz

Not as bad as youd expect - in the ways of wallets and passports being stolen. I wore my wallet like normal, and just kept my passport in my hotel room. I went all over Italy like that.

Going to another country, expecially far over seas, is an experience you'll never forget. I won't atleast.

Meh

I wouldnt worry about it being stolen in London but the other places it be careful,

Arta

Quote from: The-Rabid-Lord on June 21, 2004, 01:37 AM
I wouldnt worry about it being stolen in London but the other places it be careful,

Eh? Be as careful in London as you would anywhere else.

Grok

Quote from: Crypticflare on June 21, 2004, 12:39 AM
I figured since this be the season of sunny days and heat exaustion I'd ask what some of your vacation plans include. I'll post the details of mine.

August 5th - August 15th I'll be in Europe, The trip I'm taking includes visits to Innsbruck, Germany; London, Paris, and Switzerland. The biggest thing I can't wait for would be the sights and sounds of the different countries, I plan on taking a dozen throw away cameras or so, and of course 3 foot long chain to keep my passport and wallet secured.. hopefully.

Get a dark tan.  If you have light hair, dye it black.  Wear a turbin and sandles.  Of course, instead of blowing you up as the enemy, they might like you and want you to strap on a bomb and become a martyr for Allah.

iago

I don't see why you'd need a 3 foot chain, but I think that while you're doing this you should get  10 foot chain.  Then if somebody steals your wallet, they won't notice for about 5 seconds, and with some clever maneuvers you can get around them and tie them up.  
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Meh

Quote from: Arta[vL] on June 21, 2004, 04:51 AM

Depends where in london you go I suppose. Dont go down any dark allys on your own, and if you see big gangs of people that look hard swap over road sides.

hismajesty

Quote from: The-Rabid-Lord on June 21, 2004, 11:22 AM

Depends where in london you go I suppose. Dont go down any dark allys on your own, and if you see big gangs of people that look hard swap over road sides.

I don't think it matters where you are in any country, crime happens everywhere..mostly.

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on June 21, 2004, 12:24 PM

I don't think it matters where you are in any country, crime happens everywhere..mostly.

But if you're in England, watch out for Soccer Hooligans.

muert0

Thye are crazy about that football.
To lazy for slackware.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on June 21, 2004, 12:24 PM

Antarctica? ;D

Meh

Quote from: muert0 on June 21, 2004, 02:22 PM
Thye are crazy about that football.
They are all in portugal. Most of them have been arrested.

iago

I was picturing EuroTrip.  "Oh, soccer hooligans!"

muert0

Haven't seen it yet. Plan to soon. Pretty good?
To lazy for slackware.

iago