• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

For those of you without GMail..

Started by cefx-, June 18, 2004, 09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Stealth

Took me about 5 minutes to get used to it. It's superior in every way.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

MyndFyre

Quote from: j0k3r on June 23, 2004, 06:51 PM
Spht said it -- Outlook is bloated. I also find Outlook hard to configure, because I've always just used hotmail and am not used to how it runs. Not to mention, (ew!) security risks. Google is like a faster version of hotmail.

The thing that bugs me the most is I use Opera currently, until I reformat. Hotmail is made by microsoft and supports Opera. Google is made by google, which is anti-microsoft in a way (I'm sure microsoft made a generous offer to buy them, and they didn't accept out of spite), and I can't use Opera to log into Gmail (due to activeX being disabled, unless somebody knows how to change this).

Yup -- Outlook 2000 and XP are bloated.  However, I have not had a single problem with 2003.  It's extremely easy to get up and running (about 3 minutes for me), and the interface is SO MUCH NICER than stupid 2000/XP.  Junk mail filter is great, and that is set up the first couple times you mark something as junk mail (which it alerts you to do when you first download email).

I'll let you know how it turns out, but at the moment, I have about 6 months worth of email on the machine, and there is no slowdown whatsoever.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

j0k3r

QuoteGmail requires ActiveX controls to be enabled

Your browser seems to be Internet Explorer, and ActiveX seems to be disabled. Gmail requires ActiveX to be enabled in order to operate.

To use Gmail, enable ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer. You can do this by going to the Tools menu, selecting Internet Options, Security tab, Internet zone, and either select the Default Level, or selecting Custom Level and scrolling down to "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" and selecting Enable.

After enabling ActiveX controls, try again.
I have Opera set to detect it as IE 6 to the internet, thats why it says IE. Just the activeX part, I've searched and searched, found nothing.

I'm starting to like opera alot, feel alot safer, and can close all my open windows at once if I need to. Just alot of customizing to do.

Edit: http://www.opera.com/support/search/supsearch.dml?index=415&session=
Voila. I lied when I said I did alot of searching, I just searched through options, entering "activex" into the Opera help search brought that up.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Noodlez

Hitmen

Google was nice enough to give me one (1) invite.
[color=303030]http://gmail.google.com/gmail/a-5eab8b0643-8afc2d4df9[/color]
Beh, lame, I know. I'll be more creative next time.

Skywing

Bah.  Who needs gmail when you have vlmail? :P

j0k3r

QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

iago

Quote from: Skywing on June 26, 2004, 09:24 PM
Bah.  Who needs gmail when you have vlmail? :P

Agreed! I have @valhallalegends.com, @umanitoba.ca, and @backstab.ca -- what else do I need? : )
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

j0k3r

@aol, @gmail, @yahoo, @hotmail, @microsoft.
John Vo

Falcon[anti-yL]

@hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, @sbcglobal.net ;)

j0k3r

Those aren't mine... I got @gmail and @hotmail, as well as 1 or 2 private ones.
John Vo

Archonist

I have alot of email accounts, but the only one I use right now is;

[email protected]

I have so many gmail accounts though. :\ I was given like 10 invites so I had my fun. :\

muert0

To lazy for slackware.

hismajesty

Quote from: iago on June 26, 2004, 10:31 PMwhat else do I need? : )

@clan-e1.net duh!

----

I have

@cox @hotmail @yahoo @gmail @digitaldoozie.net @clan-e1.net - I think that's all, I only use the gmail/digitaldoozie/and e1 ones though.

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on June 27, 2004, 10:39 AM
Quote from: iago on June 26, 2004, 10:31 PMwhat else do I need? : )

@clan-e1.net duh!

----

I have

@cox @hotmail @yahoo @gmail @digitaldoozie.net @clan-e1.net - I think that's all, I only use the gmail/digitaldoozie/and e1 ones though.

Well, I also have that, but at the time clan-e1 was broked :P
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

|