• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Can someone help me?

Started by SyntaxError, June 18, 2004, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SyntaxError

Hi guys. ^^Im a Brood war player, and ive known about [vL] for like 4 years now. I also know that you guys know all that programming anc hacking/cracking stuff. Can someone please help me with this? It was in someones aim profile, and i clicked it and now, like every 5 min...Internet explorer pops up and put that stupid away mesage on with that same url that i clicked on....when im playing brood war it minimizes it...its so fucking gay. can someone please help me get rid of it!! please!!!

this is the link, dont click on it, butif you do, dont click yes. thanks

http://www.angelfire.com/al4/spin8/staff.html

Thanks alot!!!:D

warz

does this relate to AIM? does it relate to development of any sorts? this probably would have been good in general discussion. have you searched google? i did for you, and found this. Doesn't look like it's the same infection, though it looks similar. search through the registry, look in AIM folder for weird files, delete offline content in IE, download The Cleaner and run TActive! and TCMonitor - they monitor registry changes, amongst other computer setting changes. Firstly though, I'd look for any suspicious running services, or files in the task manager.

edit: i can almost promise you though itll be some weird exe file in C:\WINDOWS, or Program Files, or something.

iago

http://housecall.trendmicro.com
and
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download -- that site is down right now, but I figure it'll be back.

One of those should find and clean.  And from now on, I recommend against using the internet in any way.  Go to the back of your computer and find the light blue cable, and pull it as hard as you can.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

muert0

To lazy for slackware.

j0k3r

See this thread, as always, reformatting is the easiest option.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

SyntaxError

thanks so much guys for your insight, its 4 am right now, and im going to try all stuff tomorow. Hey and sorry about the wrong forum..i saw the word aim and automatically assumed AIM PROFILE HACK. ;) im going to do all that, but thanks alot guys. ;D

SyntaxError

holy shit....the cleaner found 44 trojans on my comp...thanks alot man :D

Thing

You can prevent many future problems by not using Internet Exploder.
http://www.mozilla.org/
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

iago

Based on the number of trojans you found, I recommend taking my idea seriously:

Quote from: iago on June 19, 2004, 02:49 AM
And from now on, I recommend against using the internet in any way.  Go to the back of your computer and find the light blue cable, and pull it as hard as you can.

Yoni

What is the light blue cable?

Power?
Ethernet?

I see any light blue ones on the back of my computer.

muert0

Just pull the big black one. Or maybe get a pair of metal handled scissors and start going crazy. :P
To lazy for slackware.

iago

Quote from: Yoni on June 19, 2004, 01:30 PM
What is the light blue cable?

Power?
Ethernet?

I see any light blue ones on the back of my computer.

Well, pick any cable.  Ethernet is what I intended, since most of the time it's light blue, but power, keyboard, monitor, any of them will due.  As long as the cord is destroyed and never replaced.

shout

Lets just hope he does not procreate...

YaYYo

Dont click a link that you dont know what it is..... HTML just owned you...

sPiKw

º¿º woo hoo it is a face wow i just saw iago woot woot Chr0nic was just talking about him in a good way but chronic left and stuff o well