• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Er, compiler problem

Started by Mitosis, June 18, 2004, 05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitosis

Alrright, I am running Visual Studio.Net. When I go to make a new project in Visual Basic, a Windows Application to be specific, I get this error and then there is no form 1.

I never have had this problem before, so I am confused on what is going on. Any help will be appreciated.

MyndFyre

Are you using a COM interop component?  ClassFactory only typically comes into play when COM is trying to instantiate a new object via an interface reference.

What's listed in your References list?

Have you tried reinstalling Visual Studio?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mitosis

Arg I havent because I don't have a clue of what was going on. Ill reinstall now and see if that works.

[edit] I reinstalled and it still does the same thing, god damnit! [/edit]

MyndFyre

Is this problem occurring solely with Visual Basic?  Do you have the other .NET languages (Visual C#, Visual C++, Visual J#) available?  Can you add new forms or classes to the project?  Can you download and install Visual J# (if you don't have it) from the MSDN website?  Have you done an MSKB search for "ClassFactory cannot supply class Visual Studio 7"?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mitosis

Well I tried  J#, C#, C++ and they get the same problem too. I searched for ClassFactory cannot supply class Visual Studio 7 on MSDN and there was no success.

Lobo

I searched google, this is something it came up with http://www.code101.com/Code101/DisplayArticle.aspx?cid=51

Hope that helps.
Look it's a signature.

Mitosis

Dude, thanks a ton man. It works perfectly now. I have that same file in my documents, maybe I installed an older version. Anyways thanks so much.

Lobo

No problem, glad you got it working.
Look it's a signature.