• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Another riddle

Started by Adron, June 11, 2004, 02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arsenic

What, you don't like my multiple plurial form?!

Sorry, english isn't my first language ;) I didn't know "dices" was wrong until you remarked that.

Adron

Quote from: Arsenic on June 13, 2004, 02:28 AM
What, you don't like my multiple plurial form?!

Sorry, english isn't my first language ;) I didn't know "dices" was wrong until you remarked that.

Do you mind getting corrected?

English isn't my first language either, and I don't mind getting corrected. Getting corrected = learning, learning = good.

I'll appreciate if you don't use spelling corrections as arguments in a debate though :P

Arsenic

I really appreciate getting corrected, this makes my english better. I mean, if no one tells you you'll make the same mistakes over and over again.

I don't mind as long as people don't bash me for making those mistakes that is ;)

iago

I actually hear a lot of English people make that same mistake, so don't worry about it.

But Dice is the plural form of Die.  

You can roll one Die or 3 Dice.  

But I frequently hear people say "1 dice", and I always correct them.

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

j0k3r

I still don't get it.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Adron

Quote from: j0k3r on June 13, 2004, 02:34 PM
I still don't get it.

I suggest noone tell. You'll most probably get it eventually, if nothing else by reverse engineering the program. Not having the answer in writing here helps encourage people to try a bit harder.

iago

Quote from: Adron on June 13, 2004, 06:50 PM
Quote from: j0k3r on June 13, 2004, 02:34 PM
I still don't get it.

I suggest noone tell. You'll most probably get it eventually, if nothing else by reverse engineering the program. Not having the answer in writing here helps encourage people to try a bit harder.

Msg me on msn if you want help.  I'll help you just like I helped you on Crimson Room ;)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

j0k3r

Quote from: iago on June 13, 2004, 08:21 PM
Msg me on msn if you want help.  I'll help you just like I helped you on Crimson Room ;)
"Just click everywhere"

I hope you die.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo