• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Would Microsoft do this?

Started by Thing, June 11, 2004, 09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thing

A couple of weeks ago I ordered the upgrade version of SuSE 9.1 Pro.  They notified me that it was backordered.  Yesterday I received this email:
QuoteDear Valued Customer,

We are very sorry about the delay in filling your order!

The demand for the Update version of our product far exceeds
our previous experience. In an attempt to make it up to you,
we are going to substitute the full version of the
product (normally $89.95) at no additional charge.

We will be shipping your order no later than Monday, June 14th.

Again, we apologize for the long delay.

Novell-SUSE

A couple of hours later, I received an email with my tracking number.   Go go Novell-SUSE!
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

Falcon[anti-yL]

quasi-modo

I like suse... thats my favority linux distro. Novell is a good company, they also have word perfect and the mono project for asp.net. Microsoft would not get back ordered on windows I think :p
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

po0f

I think Suse is putting 9.1 up on the ftp site Monday.  It's probably the personal edition but meh.

Hostile

Yeah... SuSE > * Always has been, imho.
- Hostile is sexy.

mynameistmp

Why, iyho, is SuSE >* ? Just wondering...
"This idea is so odd, it is hard to know where to begin in challenging it." - Martin Barker, British scholar

Hostile

I've grown accostumed to SuSE Linux since I had first started using linux and still prefere it over all other ones. I merely pointed that out in this celebration that its also ran by a great company as well.  :P
- Hostile is sexy.

iago

I'm personally running slackware 9.1 (Thanks to Tmp and Xar for recommending it, I love it) and using various lightweight window managers (I'm a fan of WindowMaker, but I also like BlackBox).  I just have to figure out how to run Windows software, and I can stop using Windows altogether :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

mynameistmp

I was, and am still, merely asking why you prefer it over all other ones.
"This idea is so odd, it is hard to know where to begin in challenging it." - Martin Barker, British scholar