• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Confirmation today!

Started by Mitosis, May 30, 2004, 07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitosis

Quote from: j0k3r on May 30, 2004, 05:53 PM
I'm sorry, point out to me where it says "if you don't go to confirmation you are going to hell".

I knew catholics had some strange things, but this is more than I thought...

Says it right in the Bible.
Also states that there is a Hell in the Bible.
Im now Confirmed :O

j0k3r

The bible has millions of words, and thousands of sentences, tell me where this is found, or were you just told this and believed it?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Adron

waits for iago to give the signal to kill the missionary who's talking about hell

K

Quote from: Mitosis on May 30, 2004, 08:11 PM

So should I find some descendants of babylonians and bash their children on rocks?

Mitosis

Quote from: j0k3r on May 30, 2004, 08:30 PM
The bible has millions of words, and thousands of sentences, tell me where this is found, or were you just told this and believed it?

We were told, then we read it in school as a class. Ill get the chapter and vs for you tomorrow.

iago

Quote from: Adron on May 30, 2004, 08:34 PM
waits for iago to give the signal to kill the missionary who's talking about hell

Missionary? Hell?  What are these things? *covers ears and continues to live in blissful ignorance*
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

K

Quote from: Mitosis on May 30, 2004, 08:42 PM
We were told, then we read it in school as a class. Ill get the chapter and vs for you tomorrow.

If you honestly have read the bible, understand that there are millions of arguments over how to interpret almost every passage, and you believe this for yourself, good for you.  If it's something your teacher has told you and has not presented any other opinions on the meaning of the passage, I would urge you to educate yourself on this matter before taking it as "the word of god."

Although I have never been a religious person in any way, I took a New Testement class in high school that really opened my eyes -- our teacher walked us through almost the entire new testement, focusing on historical and political context of the writings and the author(s)' motives and christology(ies) for each book, as well as books that were not cannonized like the Gospel of St. Thomas and other gnostic writings.  It was by far one of the most interesting courses I have taken, since he presented his opinion along with that of other biblical scholars who differed.

Hazard

Quote from: j0k3r on May 30, 2004, 08:30 PM

Much of what is derived from the bible is based on an interpretation of its words, just as in any other piece of writing.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

warz

I'm sorry, point out to me where it says "if you don't go to confirmation you are going to hell".

Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Forged

Quote from: warz on May 31, 2004, 12:46 AM

Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Makes sense to me, but you still are not old enough to know what you are doing.  You should have to be 16 to get confirmed.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

j0k3r

I'm still waiting for the part where you go to hell if you're not confirmed.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Forged

You aren't going to get it, because it isn't there.

However I can understand confermation.

Catholics are stupid and just word it badlly.

hismajesty

Quote from: Forged on May 31, 2004, 10:46 AMCatholics are stupid and just word it badlly.

Ah, if that's true then you must be Catholic.

Forged

Hazard

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on May 31, 2004, 11:19 AM
Quote from: Forged on May 31, 2004, 10:46 AMCatholics are stupid and just word it badlly.

Ah, if that's true then you must be Catholic.

Quote from: Forged on May 31, 2004, 11:38 AM
Fortunatlly no.

Haha.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

|