• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Favourite new piece of hardware.

Started by cefx-, May 29, 2004, 11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cefx-

What's YOUR favourite new piece of hardware?

Anything from the latest released technology, to the latest technology still underwraps (NDA - Non-Disclosure Agreement).

I'd have to say that my favourite hardware would be a Wireless USB hub, or the AMD 64 FX-5* processors.  (I'd say the AMD 64 Socket 939 processors, but I honestly think that's a myth AMD will never follow through with on production.)

You?
cefx
Technodev.org (future project) / UnixPartisan.org
Future dictator

MyndFyre

My iPaq 2215.  I can draw.  It's nice.  :D
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Trance

j0k3r

My optical mouse. Of all things I notice when using another computer, it's whether or not the mouse has 5 buttons and is optical.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

hismajesty

CrackS

Eternal

My G4 laptop... <goes to hug it again>
^-----silly Brit
-----------------------------
www.brimd.com

cipher

my bionic penis (which I found in a spam email)

(sorry, couldn't help it =P)

Naem

اگر بتوانید این را بهخوابید ، من را "پی ام" کنید

Grok

Quote from: Naem on June 01, 2004, 11:15 AM
ATI Radeon X800 Pro.

That's shipping already?   Where'd you buy it and what price?

quasi-modo

a 40 gig maxtor hd that a woman gave me, I like it because it was free.

(I like my new stick of ram, and motherboard that newegg gave me as replacements too, NEWEGG RULES)

You guys said ipod, do you need to download the songs from itunes with that? I was going to get one with a car adapter, but I might get that samsung one, or the rca one.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Naem

Quote from: Grok on June 01, 2004, 12:33 PM
ATI Radeon X800 Pro.

Yeah, they're shipping.

$406
$410
$414

etc
اگر بتوانید این را بهخوابید ، من را "پی ام" کنید

Thing

All the new parts the the FedEx guy just delivered to me.  :D
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Naem on June 03, 2004, 04:02 PM
Quote from: Grok on June 01, 2004, 12:33 PM
ATI Radeon X800 Pro.

Yeah, they're shipping.

$406
$410
$414

etc

I am sorry, I could never pay that much on a video card, I draw the line. That card is pretty damned insane with its 16 pipes, but thats a little much. In a month the x900 or whatever is comeing after it will be out. Nvidea and ati release cards so regularly you will never have the best and newest for long. My practice is try to get was best  at the moment and keep it for a long time because it will be good for a while. Actually i never buy what is top nigtch the best, but the second best or whatever because the price is down. Like now is the time to buy a 9700pro all in wonder or xt.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle