• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Random Drug Testing

Started by Mephisto, May 25, 2004, 01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Newby

If you had to wait in line with your entire class and got in the back it would. :)
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

hismajesty

I doubt a random test would get your entire class.

Forged

QuoteForged, if you want to beef up all you have to do is buckle down and work hard. Steroids are for pussies.

I don't use steroids or support their use. All I was saying is it takes a little more than just baning a fat steroid shot and sitting on your ass for them to be effective.

QuoteThe fact is if you have nothing to hide, you have no real reason to object.

I guard my privacy closelly, that and as a drug user I really don't see why it is my schools buisness to see what I do on the weekends.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

MyndFyre

Quote from: Forged on May 25, 2004, 04:19 PM
Your point?  The school is not my babysitter, it is not their job to see if I do drugs.

Of course, 5 years from now when you're a crackhead who can't get a job, you'll go whining to the unemployment office, begging for some welfare check that I'll have to pay for because you're the ass who decided that it's not anyone's business but yours if you do drugs.

I know this because my aunt was a crackhead.  Literally.

There ought to be accountability somewhere.  Ideally it would be the parents.  But if I'm going to have to pay anyway, I'd rather them stop you from taking drugs in the first place than foot your welfare bill for the rest of your understandably short life.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Forged

So smoking pot and doing the occasional tab or line makes me a fucking crackhead who will never get a job...

What ever floats your boat guy.

hismajesty

According to WebMD pot makes you smarter, when used in moderation (less than 5 joints a week will raise your IQ roughly 5.8 points.) However, when abused (greater than 5 joints/week) it drops about 3.2ish points. There's also no proof that pot is a gateway drug, meaning it's not a truthful statement that he'll 100% become a crackhead. The THC when it binds to the receptors is beleived to condition them, possibly preparing it for harder drugs..but it's not proven. It's beleived that Marijuana is just used first since it's easier to get for most kids than say heroin or cocaine. So, saying that he'll never get a job etc. is a bit of a stretch but doing it certainly doesn't help. (just a few things I learned while writing a paper. ;D)

Forged

I'm 18 I started smoking pot when I was 12, if I wanted crack I could get it.  If I was going to become a crackhead it would have happend by now...

Falcon[anti-yL]

You probably have wasted alot of your money on pot I'm guessing?

iago

hmm, the idea of it being a gateway drug is interesting.  I was talking to somebody on IRC recently who mentioned that most people start smoking weed while drunk -- so is alcohol actually the gateway drug that should be banned?

I have a family member (indirectly, confusing relationship) that lived with my dad for awhile, and he had serious druge problems.  I got him a job at a great place where I worked, and he ended up totally fucked it up because of getting stoned.  It made me look really bad, and he can go to hell.

But back to the point of schools being babysitters - it seems to me that they are.  They look after you for 6 to 8 hours a day for most of the week - if they let you do anything you wanted, there would be problems.  It seems like they should have some responsibility for what happens to you, seeing as though your parents entrust you to them for the better part of your teenage life.  

And back to my original point -- the reason schools do drug tests and suspend people for doing drugs is to scare them.  People shouldn't not do drugs because they're scared to do them, just like you shouldn't break other laws, not for fear of punishment but because it's the right thing to do.  I'm perfectly happy without drugs, and I don't see how others can't be.

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Forged

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on May 25, 2004, 10:35 PM

Yeah, but I would have waisted it on something else anyway...

warz

random drug tests suck. alcohol generally does lead to smoking weed, if weed is readily offered while you're drunk. smoking weed doesnt turn you into a crack head. smoking weed doesn't eliminate all good job opportunities. i dont think weed is even addicting (IMO). now i hear yayo if rather addicting, but ive never tried it, so i wouldnt know.

muert0

The schools aren't using the test to help kids out it seems. They are just taking the kids who smoke pot and sticking them with other kids who smoke pot or other drugs. Which is giving the kids easier access to the drugs that really screw their life up. They need to keep the kids in a regular school and try to educate them instead of pushing them to the side.
  To the kids who are writing a few lines or a little E wont hurt me don't be stupid. One line of cocaine might not be digging to deep of a hole for you because it might not be the drug for you, but once you try some crystal or some heroin it'll probably suck you in.
  Oh well tweak fucked up a good part of my life I started smokin pot at 10 and crystal at 15. When I was 18 I was smokin a ball a day and me and a friend jacked a car.  He shot the owner of the car and I ended up going through two years of trial, five grand on a lawyer, and five years probation that I've finished 2.5 years of. O well I guess the point is don't think the drugs won't fuck your life up.
To lazy for slackware.

K

Quote from: warz on May 25, 2004, 11:58 PM
random drug tests suck. alcohol generally does lead to smoking weed, if weed is readily offered while you're drunk. smoking weed doesnt turn you into a crack head. smoking weed doesn't eliminate all good job opportunities. i dont think weed is even addicting (IMO). now i hear yayo if rather addicting, but ive never tried it, so i wouldnt know.

llello  :P.  It can be addicting, but my friends who do it will either binge on it and be sick of it for a month or so or use it recreationally, not habitually.

hismajesty

You get a physical dependence if you use it too mcuh, but not if it's used in moderation. Or so I've read...

About the alcohol thing: Yes, and most crimes commited that have been by a person under the influence of marijuana happened while the person was also under the influence of alcohol/some other drug.

iago

Quote from: Forged on May 25, 2004, 11:03 PM
Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on May 25, 2004, 10:35 PM

Yeah, but I would have waisted it on something else anyway...

I've saved my money and used it on stuff like university, computer, etc.

Somebody was saying somewhere else here that, although weed isn't addicting, people get addicted to the feeling of being high.  *shrug*
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

|