• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Statstring

Started by pianka, May 23, 2004, 06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pianka

I was looking at the statstring for the MCP character list and it's obviously different from the normal statstrings you get from a user in a channel.  I was wondering if anybody has a sub/function in VB to parse the statstrings, it would be of great help.

UserLoser.

Quote from: PiaNKA on May 23, 2004, 06:16 PM
I was looking at the statstring for the MCP character list and it's obviously different from the normal statstrings you get from a user in a channel.  I was wondering if anybody has a sub/function in VB to parse the statstrings, it would be of great help.

IIRC, the only thing different is it doesn't have a few bytes in the beginning than a users's statstring that you'd see in a channel.  It shouldn't be too hard to find out by comparing

pianka

But I'm really lazy and just a simple copy and paste could save me so much time;)

Eric

Quote from: PiaNKA on May 23, 2004, 06:44 PM
But I'm really lazy and just a simple copy and paste could save me so much time;)
It won't take but a minute of your time at most.  You do it.

Eli_1

Quote from: PiaNKA on May 23, 2004, 06:44 PM
Grrr, attitudes like that drive me ****ing insane.

pianka

I'm sorry that I don't enjoy wasting time on something that's already been done. Seeing as your attitude is just as lazy as mine (I don't see you posting it), I don't think you have a right to talk.  By the way: I parsed it anyways awhile ago

Eric

Quote from: PiaNKA on May 23, 2004, 07:41 PM
I'm sorry that I don't enjoy wasting time on something that's already been done. Seeing as your attitude is just as lazy as mine (I don't see you posting it), I don't think you have a right to talk.  By the way: I parsed it anyways awhile ago
If you don't enjoy programming, don't program.

LordNevar

Your correct it has been done, and was already posted on here a few time's. It's amazing what the search button can accomplish if used properly.

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

UserLoser.

Quote from: PiaNKA on May 23, 2004, 07:41 PM

I doubt anyone is going to post any code here for you, because of your attitude and the way you talk to people who've been around here a lot longer than you have.  I don't think any of their attitudes are as bad as yours.

LordNevar

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.