Started by Mesiah / haiseM, January 05, 2003, 12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skywing

QuoteStat update (0x0f event 0x09)
It's 0x01, 0x09 is for flags!

Yoni

Bleh. Always use symbols for constants.

Skywing

Quotehmmm.....we could be onto something :o ;)

Edit add:

We could make a bot that changed statstring with a certain character in the beginning of the messages, like other bots do for hex messages. This way, the bot would read all statstring updates, and if the statstring has the character in the front, it would display it as a message. Just an idea tho...
I think that you're forgetting that the only products which have statstrings set by the client are the ones which cannot join private channels.

Spht

Quotehmmm.....we could be onto something :o ;)

Edit add:

We could make a bot that changed statstring with a certain character in the beginning of the messages, like other bots do for hex messages. This way, the bot would read all statstring updates, and if the statstring has the character in the front, it would display it as a message. Just an idea tho...

Why do that when you can just check to see if the user is already in the channel when you received the 0x01 message from the combined packet. If he is, then display their statstring as "Stat chat."

Skywing

QuoteBleh. Always use symbols for constants.
You started it.  I might have used SID_CHATEVENT, EID_SHOWUSER!

Yoni

I was too lazy to look up the right symbols though. ::)

iago

QuoteI think that you're forgetting that the only products which have statstrings set by the client are the ones which cannot join private channels.

Which brings us back to the idea of using a profile field...
Since Sex is used for encryption keys, why not use Age for sending messages?  

This would, at the very least, allow you to use muted keys to chat :-)

I know it would be a lot of extra overhead to check the profile strings every few seconds, but I don't care :-P
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Mesiah / haiseM

that would be a good idea indeed, but what about the actual game clients? they can still set and view the age..

and if i remember correctly, you can lookup profiles some 8 or 9 in a row times before flooding, sending requests every second, or second and a half, wouldnt be that bad of an idea...

but then again, youd have to lookup everybodys profile in the channel, and that would suck...
]HighBrow Innovations
Coming soon...

AIM Online Status: 

MiCrOz

Yea but you dont get a event thingie when someone updates their profile, you'd have to set timers checking, which would make chatting kinda hard...

Arta

Alternatively, save yourself a lot of trouble and just use an unmuted key?

Skywing

Age is blanked out by the server now, BTW.  Good thing we stuck with profile\sex? ;)

iago

Bah, you're right, wasn't thinking when I said Age :-)

I guess we'd have to chat using Location.  No problem, just start it with '\n'.   To the untrained eye, it would seem blank!
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Skywing

QuoteBah, you're right, wasn't thinking when I said Age :-)

I guess we'd have to chat using Location.  No problem, just start it with '\n'.   To the untrained eye, it would seem blank!
No, with Battle.snp games the text spills over into the space below the edit box if it continues beyond one line.

jnem

Yes! Finally, another pointless feature to add to an already pointless-feature-bloated bot! Keep up the good work. Soon we can tally the amount of time we all wasted doing these things, and then compare! The most time wasted wins..

UserLoser

1. Who are you?
2. Most things here are not a waste of time, if you think of it that way, then leave.
3. Why dont you register if you're continuing to post here?
---
No, this is not a flame mods..

|