• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

The thread previously known as the post your picture thread

Started by Noodlez, May 12, 2004, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0k3r

I got the low quality version, couldn't barely see anything.

I got my hair cut/bleached today, I need a digital camera.

Quote from: hismajesty on May 14, 2004, 07:39 PM
Also, I'm sure there's at least one arrogant person in Canada..lets decapitate your prime minister!
:-\
* j0k3r points at iago and runs
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Mitosis

Quote from: ChR0NiC on May 14, 2004, 07:07 PM
It would have been better if they did the head chopping on President Bush or Donald Rumself, you americans wouldn't be so cocky then now would you?

That's really not nice. Personally I like Bush and Rumsfeld, and just because you don't doesn't make it automatically better to decapitate them. I guess it's just because I do like them that I think it's wrong, so it's kind of a hypocritical statement. Anyway, not every American is cocky and I don't see how beheading two politicians will change our attitude about things. Also, I'm sure there's at least one arrogant person in Canada..lets decapitate your prime minister!

Paul Martin is a bastard anyway, let him die~! Not all Americans are cocky, just the ones like Bush, though :P

iago

Also, I'm sure there's at least one arrogant person in Canada..lets decapitate your prime minister!

Heh, will you?  Our prime minister sucks. Better yet, do Jean Chretien.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

j0k3r

QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Tuberload

It would have been better if they did the head chopping on President Bush or Donald Rumself, you americans wouldn't be so cocky then now would you?

I don't usually do this, but I think you need to start thinking a little bit before you post...

I am assuming from the rest of the conversation that you are Canadian, so would it be fair of me to stereotype all Canadians as idiots because of you?
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

hismajesty

Quote from: Tuberload on May 14, 2004, 08:04 PM

I don't usually do this, but I think you need to start thinking a little bit before you post...

I am assuming from the rest of the conversation that you are Canadian, so would it be fair of me to stereotype all Canadians as idiots because of you?

No, but lets do it anyway.  ;D

Invert

It's funny how I single handedly turned this post into U.S. vs Canada.

People might think that I hate Canada or Canadians, I don't. I don't care much about the argument of who is better Canada or U.S.

The thing that interests me in this argument is strictly the reaction you get from Canadians about it; the extremely defensive reaction is what makes it so great to argue about this.

*sings* Oh Canada! *stops singing*

Canadians suck!  ;)

Zeller

Quote from: Invert on May 13, 2004, 11:49 PM
We should attack Canada, what are they going to do? Send their moos to defend their worthless country. What good is Canada to the world anyway?

Give me one good reason why anyone would miss Canada.

I agree fully, and after we invade Canada we should enslave there entire population. I call iago!

ChR0NiC

Quote from: Zeller on May 15, 2004, 11:35 AM
I agree fully, and after we invade Canada we should enslave there entire population. I call iago!

It'll never happen, USA can't even seal the deal on Iraq. You guys have been over there for more than a year and still haven't stomped the rebel forces. So what, you got passed the Imperial guards, the rebel forces are worse trained than them and USA's casualty count is a hell of alot of casualties. Not that people dying is something I agree with, but drop the cockiness and American will not be hated by everyone.

Grok

Quote from: ChR0NiC on May 15, 2004, 02:28 PM

It'll never happen, USA can't even seal the deal on Iraq. You guys have been over there for more than a year and still haven't stomped the rebel forces. So what, you got passed the Imperial guards, the rebel forces are worse trained than them and USA's casualty count is a hell of alot of casualties. Not that people dying is something I agree with, but drop the cockiness and American will not be hated by everyone.

Ah, a serious but stupid post.  The cockiness is well-deserved and earned by US troops.  The current situation may be a debacle, but as usual in "debacles", the fault lies with politicians.  The US soldier is incredibly trained and equipped to fight war.  They don't know diddly squat about reconstruction.  Building an infrastructure is the job of civil engineers and planners.  Army, Air Force, and Marines are also not policemen.  Policemen are policemen.  Putting soldiers in harms way to do jobs they are not trained or equipped to handle is stupidity.  That stupidity comes right from the top, at the White House, and has the name of George W. Bush.

If we were to free the soldiers to fight war when they needed to defend themselves, the news coming from Iraq would be entirely different.  Being fired at from a building?  Kill the attacker.  Can't egress the threshold?  Smoke him out.  Doesn't work?  Destroy the building.  It's war, not nice-nice-playtime.  If it's not war, get the soldiers out.  They're not traffic cops.

Adron

Quote from: Grok on May 15, 2004, 03:15 PM
If we were to free the soldiers to fight war when they needed to defend themselves, the news coming from Iraq would be entirely different.  Being fired at from a building?  Kill the attacker.  Can't egress the threshold?  Smoke him out.  Doesn't work?  Destroy the building.  It's war, not nice-nice-playtime.  If it's not war, get the soldiers out.  They're not traffic cops.

It seems to be war. Just not the simple "army vs army on a clear battlefield". You're speaking of assault war, where everyone else is an enemy, and you don't care about your surroundings. This is a war fought where you're trying to protect the things around you. Think of it as a war set in some American city, with innocent civilians, and your own buildings all around that you're trying to protect.

hismajesty

Quote from: ChR0NiC on May 15, 2004, 02:28 PM

I personally don't think you have any room to talk about us not being able to "seal the deal on Iraq." Canada contributed a small number of troops, could they have sealed the deal? I doubt it. We have a commitment there, the deal has already been sealed. If we left Iraq now, it would be in a lot worse shape than it already is. There would probably be an uproar of anarchy and what government they do have would be easily overturned. I don't see Canada volunteering to step in and take over for us so we can come home. Your posts are very hypocritical as well, saying that Americans are arrogant yet you're being arrogant in suggesting that you beleive America wouldn't be able to invade America. Not that we ever would since Canada doesn't make us mad, but if we had to I'm sure it wouldn't be a big problem. The Rebels don't follow any rules, even less so than Saddams imperial guard. It's harder to handle Guerilla (sp?) tactics than at least semi-civilized ones. And, as Grok said, the troops are having to act as construction workers, humanitarian aid, police officers, and still be expected to be soldiers. They aren't equipped or trained to do all of this. I agree with most everything Grok said as well, except for the George W. Bush thing. It's not like Bush declared the war, or kept the troops over there. Sure, he's a supporter and basically spokesperson of the war, but just because he pushed for it doesn't mean he approved it. It was still Congress that declared it and sent the troops, under The War Powers Act the President isn't able to do that.

Adron

Bush pushed for the war, his people fabricated lies to convince people to war. He deserves blame. He shouldn't have gone to war, and now that he did, he'll have to fix up the mess he made.

hismajesty

Quote from: Adron on May 15, 2004, 04:24 PM
Bush pushed for the war, his people fabricated lies to convince people to war. He deserves blame. He shouldn't have gone to war, and now that he did, he'll have to fix up the mess he made.

What lies? I'm assuming you're talking about Weapons of Mass Destruction but before I comment on that I'd like to make sure.

|