Started by Thing, May 14, 2004, 01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Thing

Quote from: Adron on May 18, 2004, 05:38 PM
Quote from: iago on May 16, 2004, 11:31 AM
http://topplerummy.org/berg/ - see #12
http://www.rense.com/general52/anom.htm - near the top

And there's some others.  But the bottom line is, yes, I am believing secondary sources.

Those are interesting links. Wonder if they are true...

I find it difficult to take someone seriously when they use arguments such as these to justify their position:
1.  "As any surgeon will testify, the alleged beheading was a fake."
I haven't polled any surgeons but I find it difficult to believe that I can go up to any random surgeon and he'll show me undisputable proof that it was a fake.
2.  "Anybody who has ever carved a turkey knows there is something wrong with the supposed beheading."
I've carved turkeys and I don't know that.

I'm not saying that the video isn't a fake, I just want to point out that arguments like that, don't entice me to believe anything you have to say.
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

iago

Quote from: Thing on May 18, 2004, 05:50 PM
Quote from: Adron on May 18, 2004, 05:38 PM
Quote from: iago on May 16, 2004, 11:31 AM
http://topplerummy.org/berg/ - see #12
http://www.rense.com/general52/anom.htm - near the top

And there's some others.  But the bottom line is, yes, I am believing secondary sources.

Those are interesting links. Wonder if they are true...

I find it difficult to take someone seriously when they use arguments such as these to justify their position:
1.  "As any surgeon will testify, the alleged beheading was a fake."
I haven't polled any surgeons but I find it difficult to believe that I can go up to any random surgeon and he'll show me undisputable proof that it was a fake.
2.  "Anybody who has ever carved a turkey knows there is something wrong with the supposed beheading."
I've carved turkeys and I don't know that.

I'm not saying that the video isn't a fake, I just want to point out that arguments like that, don't entice me to believe anything you have to say.

I don't know if they are true.  In fact, truth be told, I didn't even read those entire pages.  But it seems interesting.

I believe I shall start polling more doctors.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hazard

After looking at this I asked two of my friend's parents about this. One is the Director of Public Health for Hillsborough County, Florida and the other is a pediatric neurosurgeon with the University of South Florida. Both of them told me that there is no evidence that the video was fake and that, to them, the video was certainly plausible.

I also have carved a turkey and I don't see how that is relevant in any way.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Meh

Something isnt right in the video. I have never seen so long a time delays in a video. from 2 o'clock to 13 o'clock.

Adron

I think what's "wrong" about the beheading is that they've cut up the video so that it's not continous.

The other arguments are interesting though - if a native speaker doesn't think the people speak like natives, that's a good reason to start questioning it.

jigsaw

All I know is that I am an American Citizen what happen on 9/11/2001 is unacceptable and I dont care if we have to take out everyone who has anything remotely to do with it, I stand for this country, not for humanity in general, but my neihgbors and family who live in this wonderful country, Ill sign up and go over there myself if I have to. People have to stand for something, and there are too many tree hugger hippies that think bloodshed is a final alternative, but ill tell you its the way of the wild and thats how it is. And by damnit America will stand its own.

iago

Quote from: jigsaw on May 23, 2004, 02:48 PM
All I know is that I am an American Citizen what happen on 9/11/2001 is unacceptable and I dont care if we have to take out everyone who has anything remotely to do with it, I stand for this country, not for humanity in general, but my neihgbors and family who live in this wonderful country, Ill sign up and go over there myself if I have to. People have to stand for something, and there are too many tree hugger hippies that think bloodshed is a final alternative, but ill tell you its the way of the wild and thats how it is. And by damnit America will stand its own.

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, that's just being used as an excuse.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: jigsaw on May 23, 2004, 02:48 PM
And by damnit America will stand its own.
We all need each other to survive, no one country can survive without another. For example, the oil prices would fly through the roof if we destroy Iraq looking for a few crazy people. And then what do we do? we'll complain about the high oil prices even though it was us that made that happen.

jigsaw

There are ties from 911 to iraq. Dont bullshit me. The thing is if we just sit around and do nothing, what does that do? Atleast we make a concious effort towards a common goal. Working with other countries is good. These iraqi kids are being raised to hate americans... I have plenty of friends on the fields over there now, I talk to them a lot. You guys have no clue what *actually* is going on. Besides iago, you're from Canada that voids anything you have to say :P

Falcon[anti-yL]

How was Iraq involved in 9/11? It was the Al Qaida. The only reason we went to Iraq is because Bush thought that Saddam was hiding weapons of mass destruction which has yet to be found after more than a year after the war started. And think about all the families who lost someone due to the war, they don't think the war was necessary.

iago

Quote from: jigsaw on May 23, 2004, 05:01 PM
You guys have no clue what *actually* is going on.

Last I heard, Americans were sexually abusing Iraqis?  But Americans are so much better than them.

Tuberload

Quote from: iago[yL] on May 23, 2004, 06:50 PM

Last I heard, Americans were sexually abusing Iraqis?  But Americans are so much better than them.

You can't classify a nation by a few of its people. I am sure there are Canadians out there sexualy abusing people...
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

iago

Quote from: Tuberload on May 23, 2004, 07:01 PM

You can't classify a nation by a few of its people. I am sure there are Canadians out there sexualy abusing people...

Uhh, isn't that exactly what americans are doing in Iraq?

Grok

There are ties from 911 to iraq. Dont bullshit me. The thing is if we just sit around and do nothing, what does that do? Atleast we make a concious effort towards a common goal. Working with other countries is good. These iraqi kids are being raised to hate americans... I have plenty of friends on the fields over there now, I talk to them a lot. You guys have no clue what *actually* is going on. Besides iago, you're from Canada that voids anything you have to say :P

There are ties from about 50 countries, including all of Europe and the United States, to 9/11.  That's not specific enough to destroy a country.

Tuberload

Quote from: iago[yL] on May 23, 2004, 07:41 PM
Quote from: Tuberload on May 23, 2004, 07:01 PM

Uhh, isn't that exactly what americans are doing in Iraq?

You said Americans were sexualy abusing Iraqi's which is true, but then you said Americans as a whole are much better than them. You compared a few with a nation, that's my point.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

|