• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNLS has been updated for Warcraft III / The Frozen Throne patch 1.15

Started by Yoni, May 10, 2004, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoni

About 2 - 2.5 hours ago, this patch was released, and BNLS is now finally updated.
Sorry it took so long, we've encountered several technical difficulties in deploying the patch.

Special thanks to UserLoser for providing the hash files for The Frozen Throne and for providing a CD-key for testing.
Thanks to everyone else who volunteered to help.

The new version byte for both games is: 0x0F (or 15, for those who like decimals).

BaDDBLooD

what exactly did you update, if you don't mind me asking
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

UserLoser.

Quote from: BaDDBLooD on May 10, 2004, 05:35 PM
what exactly did you update, if you don't mind me asking

The version byte.. and game files such as War3.exe, Game.dll, Storm.dll has to be updated every patch on Warcraft 3

BaDDBLooD

Sorry it took so long, we've encountered several technical difficulties in deploying the patch.

is what i meant UserLoser.
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

Blaze

Don't worry Yoni...  You and skywing do an amazing job no matter how much time you take. We all have patience...
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

iago

It's true, you guys need update drills.  Then you'll be ready for the real thing!
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Yoni

BaDDBLooD: No, only what UserLoser said (version byte and hash files), which due to unexpected technical difficulties took longer than it should have. No changes were made to BNLS itself.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Yoni on May 11, 2004, 07:25 AM
BaDDBLooD: No, only what UserLoser said (version byte and hash files), which due to unexpected technical difficulties took longer than it should have. No changes were made to BNLS itself.

Question: do you guys not have the real thing?  I would think you could just download the patch via the actual client....
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Spht

Quote from: Myndfyre on May 11, 2004, 01:22 PM
Quote from: Yoni on May 11, 2004, 07:25 AM

Question: do you guys not have the real thing?  I would think you could just download the patch via the actual client....

The patch MPQ archive which someone downloads from Battle.net, then uploads to BNLS and orders it to patch itself.  We can also patch our game locally and upload the updated hash files for BNLS, but this requires more effort.

Yoni

I have the real Warcraft 3 game, which I used to get the WAR3 hashfiles this time (due to problems extracting the MPQ, which is what we usually do). The W3XP hashfiles were given by UserLoser who used the real game as well to get them, I believe.

Skywing

It seems like they are stuffing invalid data in the extended attributes field of the MPQ (zeroing all of it actually), and the old Storm MPQ functions call abort when presented with such an archive.

There are a couple other MPQ APIs out there that we can use instead of Storm for that part.