• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Recieved 0x43 from Battle.net

Started by DarkOne, April 30, 2004, 05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkOne

I've never seen this packet before and I recieved while logging onto Warcraft III: FT. I Recieved this packet during the time the USEast servers were undergoing maintenance. I was unable to join my clan channel and was sent to the void after recieving this packet. After maintenance, everything was fine and dandy. The packet only contained a standard header and a DWORD (which was 0). Anyone know anything about this packet? What it is used for?

Lenny

One of my bots also recieved a strange packet just before Server Maintenance...
But I dont have any record of it, since someone using my bot was the one that saw it...The user described it as being very large...

GoSuGaMING: Its not that no one cares, its that no one has any information to give....I dont think anyone cares about  your comments.
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

BaDDBLooD

i have gotten the same error aswell i think it may be that Blizzard is warning you what time the server is going down exactly, or what there doing, or just a message with information they want you to know
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

Tuberload

Maybe it is a packet notifying clients that there is server maintenance going on and your chat privileges are temporarily restricted? I have no real solid input to provide, but if you received it while maintenance was being performed, and then you were not allowed access to your channel, it would only seem logical.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Soul Taker

Hate to bring back a dead thread, but as soon as the servers came back from this recent downtime, I recieved this packet.

[6:29:44 PM] Recieved unhandled packet!
0000:  FF 43 08 00-00 00 00 00                           ÿC......

As you can see, there's no data in it (other than a null DWORD).  Anyone have any evidence what the heck this is?

MyndFyre

I really don't think it's anything major to worry about.  :-/  My *guess* would be that, if you're getting it for WC3 around server maintenance time, it's used to disable or enable the interface (so you can't start games and that).

BTW....  Remember the rule... "i before e, except after c...".  :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

dxoigmn

Quote from: MyndFyre on August 31, 2004, 07:37 PM
BTW....  Remember the rule... "i before e, except after c...".  :P

That's weird...

[edit]  should complete the end of that rule ;)

MyndFyre

FINE.

"or when sounding like 'a' as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh,' except when it's 'weird' or 'their.'"

Happy?  :P

Note that "weird" is generally a catch-all.  :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

R.a.B.B.i.T

Why don't you make a basic program to connect to (which will connect you to bnet) and have it send you that packet?  You could then easily see what it does.

tA-Kane

Quote from: R.a.B.B.i.T on September 02, 2004, 11:07 PM
Why don't you make a basic program to connect to (which will connect you to bnet) and have it send you that packet?  You could then easily see what it does.
That wouldn't be so easy with WarCraft 3, since it does some server address checking (the 128 extra bytes in S->C 0x50).
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com