• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

How to make bot commands work.

Started by KaL-eL, April 24, 2004, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaL-eL

there is commands, config, db and files .txt files.  what file do i put the users names in? what file do i put the commands in say <text>?
how should flags look beside the users name? what is the files.txt file for?

thansk in advance

Spht

Quote from: KaL-eL on April 24, 2004, 02:48 PM
there is commands, config, db and files .txt files.  what file do i put the users names in? what file do i put the commands in say <text>?
how should flags look beside the users name? what is the files.txt file for?

thansk in advance

db.txt contains the names of the users which have access to the bot. Replace the default name "spht[vl]" with your name.

DMBotOp-Readme.txt:

QuoteCustom commands are pretty simple to add and use.  It uses a simple argument list in which %1 = first argument, %2 = second argument, and so on. Sample:

<DarkMinion[vL]> .addcmd poke /emote pokes %1
<DarkMinion> Command 'poke' added.
<DarkMinion[vL]> .poke dm
* DarkMinion pokes dm *

KaL-eL

what are the other %#'s ? and what do they do?

i want to make a ping command.

also what is the command so i can add other ppl to the userlist.

Spht

Quote from: KaL-eL on April 24, 2004, 06:26 PM
what are the other %#'s ? and what do they do?

i want to make a ping command.

also what is the command so i can add other ppl to the userlist.

The included readme covers all this information...

KaL-eL

the read me doesnt tell me how to set up the bot so it can ping ppl. or how i can add ppl to the db from ingame. I know i can obvioulsy just type it in but in game how do i do it.

Spht

Quote from: KaL-eL on April 24, 2004, 06:54 PM
the read me doesnt tell me how to set up the bot so it can ping ppl. or how i can add ppl to the db from ingame. I know i can obvioulsy just type it in but in game how do i do it.

You can't add a ping command on DMBotOp.

As for commanding the bot while you're in a game, you'd just whisper it without a trigger.  So if your bot is on the name "Spht" and you're in a game, you'd type /w Spht chattr Bob B to autoban Bob, for example.

Why am I giving support on DMBotOp...

KaL-eL

b/c ur bot has no features and i gotta use this addon to make it do something.

UserLoser.

Quote from: KaL-eL on April 24, 2004, 07:22 PM

Sphtbot does plenty as a chatter bot, and dmbotop is a plugin based off darkminion's bot so he wrote very little source, and is only provided as a luxury

Archonist

Quote from: KaL-eL on April 24, 2004, 07:22 PM

Then don't use it, if you feel the need to bitch about someone elses work, go write a better one. Thanks.

KaL-eL

I was just stating a fact. Telling him why I wanted help with another bot. His work is good, that's why I'm using it. DUH, dont get so offended. You sound like the captain of MADD. anyways i got what i needed I will never be back. peace out.

Archonist

Quote from: KaL-eL on April 25, 2004, 11:40 AM
I was just stating a fact. Telling him why I wanted help with another bot. His work is good, that's why I'm using it. DUH, dont get so offended. You sound like the captain of MADD. anyways i got what i needed I will never be back. peace out.

The captain of MADD? What exactly are you referring to? (If anyone knows, I don't exactly expect him to answer because he's "never coming back".)

Tuberload

Quote from: Archonist on May 02, 2004, 07:30 PM
Quote from: KaL-eL on April 25, 2004, 11:40 AM

The captain of MADD? What exactly are you referring to? (If anyone knows, I don't exactly expect him to answer because he's "never coming back".)

Mothers Against Drunk Drivers :)
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown