• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Making programs into applets

Started by MoNksBaNe_Agahnim, April 16, 2004, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoNksBaNe_Agahnim

I was wondering,

Is there a scripting language or whatnot out there that could turn a normal, desktop, Win32 GUI run program,  into an applet on an internet browser, like a Java applet. For me this is pertaining towards C++ but it would be helpful prob to everyone. Also does C# allow applets?

edit:typos

Banana fanna fo fanna

nope

maybe if you made it an activex control, but that would be bad.

MyndFyre

Quote from: MoNksBaNe_Agahnim on April 16, 2004, 03:42 PM
I was wondering,

Is there a scripting language or whatnot out there that could turn a normal, desktop, Win32 GUI run program,  into an applet on an internet browser, like a Java applet. For me this is pertaining towards C++ but it would be helpful prob to everyone. Also does C# allow applets?

edit:typos

In c#, they are not applets, but yes; a .NET-enabled (IE) browser can download and host .NET Windows apps.  They have a few more security concerns than standard c# win apps, but that's it.  Check out www.gotdotnet.com -- the Workspaces have a .NET-enabled browser program.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.